Easy Contents Jumps
Solved: Fix Nokia 7.1 Internet Hotspot Not Working Issue
In Short By Gadget Features
If your Nokia 7.1 internet hotspot fails to work, you find yourself in severe trouble. There can be many problems related to the hotspot, but most of the times, it occurs due to a software issue. Nokia 7.1 users have complained of hotspot not working, so we thought to gather some troubleshooting methods which can solve them. Such software issues can be easily solved by using some methods. So, let’s know the solution to fix this issue.
User Review( votes)
The Internet is a technology without which we cannot live a single day. If you don’t use the mobile data and broadband connection, then you totally depend on the hotspot of other peoples. Although, before connecting to an unknown open network, you should be careful as it can be malicious for your phone. You should know that your history, data, and cache can be recorded by the open hotspot provider or user.
A mobile hotspot is the best technology which allows the users you experience others internet link by entering a unique password. There is hardly any smartphone available with this feature. There are many users who use a private connection in their home to access the internet. This wireless connection can be used by up to 5 users at a time and the provider knows who are using the connection to the link.
Sometimes, the configuration error arises in the hotspot which is not easily solved and you need an expert advice. Android is the most used Android OS as it is equipped in some cheapest smartphones. By cheap we don’t mean cheap in quality, there are many high-end devices like Nokia 7.1 which comes with this OS. Some users connect the hotspot via WiFi for the profession, others just share their network with friends.
Whatever the purpose be, if your internet hotspot fails to work, you find yourself in severe trouble. There can be many problems related to the hotspot, but most of the times, it occurs due to a software issue. Nokia 7.1 users have complained of hotspot not working, so we thought to gather some troubleshooting methods which can solve them. Such software issues can be easily solved by using some methods. So, let’s know the solution to fix Nokia 7.1 internet hotspot not working issue.
Fix Hotspot Not Working
At first, check the connection of the device. Check that the hotspot device’s internet connection is on. For this, you have to visit Setting > Mobile data > Toggle the internet button. After that check that the signal strength is good or excellent. If the connection status is poor, forget of using internet from that device. For checking the internet status visit Settings > Wi-Fi or Wireless Connection > Click on the specific network > You will see the Status and Signal Strenght.
We have begun with some common methods so that you don’t have problems later. Another method is restarting the Android phone. Sometimes, restarting works for many lucky users so must try your luck. Simply, restart the device by pressing the power key for a few seconds and then tap on the power off option. Check whether you have entered the hotspot password correctly. Follow this method to set up a network again.
1. Navigate to the Settings of the device.
2. Click on the Wireless & networks section > More.
3. Now select Tethering & portable hotspot.
4. In the Wireless Tethering, you will find Set up Wi-Fi hotspot.
5. Now you have to fill the hotspot details like Network Name, Security, Password and Network Band.
6. If you have already used the network before, then you don’t have to fill these.
7. Now search the hotspot name in the WiFi-enabled device and check the internet connection.
Fix Hotspot Not Connecting To Laptop
Remember, the device in which you want to connect the hotspot must have WiFi feature. So, if your laptop doesn’t have the Wi-Fi option, you cannot connect to the required hotspot. Despite having this feature, some users complained that they cannot connect hotspot in a laptop which is a worrying situation. Here are some solutions which are effective to solve this issue.
1. Navigate to Control Panel of the laptop.
2. Visit Network and Internet > Network and Sharing centre.
3. Click on Manage Wireless Networks.
4. Delete all wireless connections by right-clicking on it.
5. Remove network from the drop-down menu.
5. Close everything and reboot the laptop.
6. Now, scan for the available WiFi networks.
7. Click on the desired network you want to connect with and choose the connect option.
8. Enter all the data of the network like password and other options, then click on “connect” option.
In case, if the above method didn’t work, try this method.
1. In the laptop, press the ‘Windows + W’ key.
2. Find troubleshooter via the search box and enter key.
3. Click “Find and fix problems” option which pops on the left side of the screen.
4. Click network and the internet and move to the network adaptor troubleshooter.
5. Now, on your phone, navigate to Settings > More.
6. Click on Wireless & Networks and Tethering & Portable Hotspot.
7. Now, configure the Wi-Fi Hotspot, and change wpa2 PSK to WPA-PSK.
8. Rescan on the device.
Fix Hotspot No Internet
Now, let’s begin with another solution. When you observe that the hotspot network is connected, but the network isn’t available. Firstly, check that the hotspot device has good internet speed and the Sim signal is good. If the device has 3G or 4G enabled, then check the signal is perfect as the 2G signal will not work in 4G mode. Forget the network and re-enter the password and other data. Follow this method to forgot network.
1. Navigate to the settings menu.
2. Click on the WiFi option.
3. Select the desired network.
4. Now you will see an option, “Forget” button so, tap on it.
5. Enter the details again and start your internet browsing.
Fix Tethering Not Working
Bluetooth or USB tethering is a problem which occurs due to a software update or cache. Although, the main culprit is the cache which is stored by the apps. These caches can result in severe issues. So, we recommend you to clear the cache regularly which is replaced by other caches. Some caches are also malicious and harmful for your phone so, it needs to clean up.
1. Press and hold the power button to turn off the smartphone.
2. Press and hold the Volume Up along with Power keys until you Android or company’s logo appears on the screen.
3. Release both the buttons.
4. In recovery mode, you will see several options, you have to select ‘Wipe cache partition’ using the Power key.
5. You can navigate from the recovery mode by restarting the device.
Before connection for a smartphone hotspot, make sure that the devices are running on the latest software. The latest software comes with many features and bug fixes which solves many phone problems. Follow these steps to update the devices.
1. Navigate to the Settings.
2. Click on Update & security.
3. Now select Windows Update.
4. Click on Check for updates, if updates are available, download it.
5. Internet connection is necessary to download the updates.
1. Navigate to the Settings section of the smartphone.
2. Select the General tab >About phone.
3. Click on Software info.
Laptop Connects To Hotspot But No Internet
If you are using the Hotspot from a home router network and don’t not able to use the internet, use the following method. Although, at first, disconnect the router from the main socket and after sometimes, plug it back. Wait for the router to start normally. If the problem is not solved, follow the given steps.
1. On the PC or laptop, right-click on the Start menu.
2. Click on the Device Manager.
3. Select Network Adapters and select network adapter name.
4. Right-click the network adapter and Update driver.
5. Select Search automatically for updated driver software.
6. Now, Close it and wait for the installation process to complete.
7. Click Start and Restart the device.
- Update Nokia 7.1 Into Latest Version Software Update OTA
- Fix Nokia 7.1 Bluetooth Not Connecting Issues
- Solved: Fix Nokia 7.1 Battery Charging Issue And Switching on
- Solved: Fix Nokia 7.1 Internet Hotspot Not Working Issue
- Fix Nokia 7.1 GPS Issue With Accuracy Calibration Problems
- SOLVED: Fix Nokia 7.1 Mobile Data Not Working
- Fix Nokia 7.1 Battery Draining Issue (Problem Solved)
- Fix Nokia 7.1 Incoming And Outgoing Call Drop With Mic Issue
- SOLVED: Fix Nokia 7.1 Screen & Display Problems
- Fix Nokia 7.1 Internet WiFi Connection Problem (Issue Solved)
- Fix Nokia 7.1 Keyboard Issues In Settings
So, these were some solutions to fix Nokia 7.1 internet hotspot not working issue. These methods are completely tested and it really works so, must try. If you have any issues relating to other smartphone models, feel free to contact Gadget Features Forum. Don’t forget to read our previous articles which will definitely help you. I hope you liked this article and these methods solve your hotspot problem. You can also share this article with your friends who are facing the same issue.
I tried the recovery mode, but the “wipe cache partition” option did not appear. All other options appear on the screen except the “wipe cache partition”.