Easy Contents Jumps
- Fix OnePlus 8 Volume & Power Buttons Not Working
Fix OnePlus 8 Volume & Power Buttons Not Working
In Short By Gadget Features To Fix OnePlus 8 Volume & Power Buttons Not Working
Well, by this article, we have implemented the full guide of the bothersome issues and how to Fix the One Plus 8 Volume & Power Buttons Not working. Well, these techniques are some alternatives options if the power and volume buttons do not reply.
User Review( vote)
Recently, some android smartphone users have stated that they are facing some issues with the volume and power buttons. They said that holding the Volume up or down, they notice that the buttons are not operating at all. After pressing the buttons, they can’t increase or decrease the Volume, and just like this, One Plus 8 resembles to have the same annoying issue. Well, some users also stated that the button is not at all reacting, accompanying that the power button is not working. Well, the users get confused to recognize whether its a hardware issue or simple software defects.
Although, in a maximum of the cases, it seems to be a hardware issue. Thus before going to the Android service store, you can initially try some useful steps which will assist you in fixing a bug in the software or extracting the dirt and dust from the volume buttons or power button. Thus, clearing the device always solve extra problems. You can constantly clean the charging port, Power, and volume button as dust can prevent it.
Presently after discerning the issue, you should restart the device. As you all know, Android 9 is here, and it is operating in all most advanced smartphone handsets. At first, you need to check whether the device buttons are operating or not due to a hardware or a software issue. Well, in some instances, the users describe that the volume buttons have stopped working after updating the Android software version. Thus, there are some Secondary Google apps update that also creates these type of issues; thus, in that case, you have to restart your device.
Hence, if restarting determines the issue, then it’s ok, but in case if it doesn’t, you then must fix it yourself. The primary method to check if the buttons are working perfectly or not just by catching a screenshot by the Power and Volume down buttons. Thus, by pressing both the buttons together.
Furthermore, if you can get a screenshot, then the device definitely has some software flaws. The buttons are not operating only when you are attempting to reboot the device or increase or decrease the Volume. Well, in this article, we will analyze the techniques to fix One Plus 8 Volume & Power Buttons Not Working.
Fix OnePlus 8 Volume & Power Buttons Not Working
OnePlus 8 Volume Button Not Working
So, if you have explored all the applications of the smartphone, then you might know about the Google Talkback app. Well, this app appears already merged into the device. So, what is the benefit of this app? Users might know about this app, but various users didn’t have a fitting idea about this app. Thus, the app is actually for visually depreciated users. This app assists with oral feedback to the users concerning the exercises and development of the device. Therefore, it is supported by visually depreciated users to control their devices.
With some benefits, this application is also a reason for causing the volume button issue. To solve this problem, you have to wipe the cache of the application. Thus, you can likewise clear the system cache to fix the software problem. Well, if the app is not helpful for you, then uninstall it immediately. Follow these steps to wipe the cache and impair the app.
Wipe cache partition
- Touch and press the power button to turn off the smartphone.
- Touch and press the Volume Up together with Power keys till your Android or company’s logo appears on the screen.
- Release both the buttons.
- In recovery mode, you will mark various options; you have to select ‘Wipe cache partition‘ utilizing the Power key.
- Thus, you can impair the recovery mode just by restarting the device.
Disable Talkback app
- Visit the Settings option.
- Select the Apps/Application Manager.
- Click on the three-dot option at the top-right corner and select the System or Show system.
- Open the Talkback app from the list.
- Tap on the app name.
- Thus, on the App info screen, select the Disable button.
- Finally, reboot the smartphone as normal.
OnePlus 8 Power Button Not Working
Next, we have a method that is the power button not working, well if the above method didn’t work for you. Then, in that situation, you have to manage the Switch Access off after the update the software version, which is necessary for the device to operate smoothly. Thus, the following methods will assist you to Switch Access off and update the device by setting if you have skipped any update before.
- Visit the Settings section.
- Select the Accessibility option.
- Under Accessibility, you have to search for the option.
- Select and disable the Switch Access option.
- Lastly, update the device software
Always remember that you needed to have a decent Wi-Fi Network. Outwardly, the internet, you can’t install the update.
- Now, go to the Settings.
- Tap on About device.
- Tap System Updates.
- Search for Updates in the settings.
- If updates are provided, then download and install the newest version of Android.
- Thus, the smartphone will restart after the installation process.
Well, if you notice that the power button is physically damaged, then it is uncontrollable to switch off/ on the device. In that circumstance, you can visit the company service center or download a third-party app. Thus, this process works for some users only. Google Play Store has various applications that can allow you to utilize the power button remotely. Hence, these apps let the owners renew the device power button usability to the Volume button.
Thus you can utilize apps like Gravity Screen, Proximity actions, and several others to enjoy gesture features on the device. Few of the devices may not support the gesture feature as they lack the basic sensor. The depressing fact is that the third-party app can also be the culprit as well. You possibly encountered the problem soon after installing a third-party app. Well, in that situation, you have to uninstall the app, which you think is the main culprit for producing the issue. Therefore, Safe mode can help you in this case.
- Touch and press the Power key to turn off the smartphone.
- Press and hold the Volume Down together with Power keys.
- Release the Power Key when the Android logo appears on display.
- Touch and hold the Power key frequently along with the Volume Down key, that you are holding already.
- Free both the buttons after the phone gets started in recovery mode.
- You will notice an option that will claim you to enable Safe Mode.
- Click Ok to confirm.
- Lastly, you will see the safe mode appears at the bottom of the display.
OnePlus 8 Increase/Decrease Volume If Volume Button Not Working
If you need to utilize the volume button significantly, and it’s not operating, then you will get disturbed. Thus, you can formulate the sound setting shortcut being on the home screen, which is somewhat complicated, but not difficult. Therefore follow these steps completely to formulate the volume button.
- Navigate to the home screen, touch, and press at any area of the screen to get the Add widgets option.
- Now, you have to search for Settings. Press and drag it to the home screen.
- You will see a new screen and select the Settings shortcut.
- Tap on the Sound option.
- Thus a Sound shortcut appears on the home screen.
- Tap on the volume shortcut and adjust the sound.
- Finally, you can apply Microsoft Launcher if required.
Fix OnePlus 8 Jammed & Broken Volume/Power Button
Well, in this method, the main point is testing the power and volume up and down buttons as it’s not that simple than it looks. However, you can verify the Volume down button by holding the power button and the Volume down button simultaneously. Following that, hold it for at least ten seconds. Thus you may notice that the device has a soft restart. It won’t excrete the device data, so; you don’t have to hold a backup. And if the device restarts, then the volume button doesn’t have any physical damage.
Hence, the trash contained below the buttons can likewise make the buttons unresponsive. Thus, the button requires to link with the guide plate for working. So, you can perfect the buttons by pressing it a few times or utilize a low suction vacuum cleaner to take out the dirt. Once you have done this, proceed to the following step.
Volume Button Replacement
For example, if any of the above specifying methods do not work, and you believe that the buttons are crushed, then consult to the nearest service center to get it fixed. Moreover, You can also implement the factory reset option in recovery mode if you don’t need to pay money on the replacement of buttons. Thus, hold the back up the data and factory reset using the following steps.
Factory reset via recovery mode
- Initially, don’t skip to backup all data of the phone.
- Turn off the smartphone and put it to charge.
- Press and hold the Power simultaneously with the Volume down buttons.
- Release and again hold the Power button. Recollect that you are holding the Volume down button now.
- Press the Volume down button a few times to highlight ‘Delete all user data and reset all settings.’
- Thus, to verify, tap on, Yes.
- Finally, press the Power button to apply the factory reset.
Well, by this article, we have implemented the full guide of the bothersome issues and how to Fix the One Plus 8 Volume & Power Buttons Not working. Well, these techniques are some alternatives options if the power and volume buttons do not reply. Hence, You can likewise share this article with your friends and family if they are facing the same problem with their One Plus smartphone. And we hope that you admired this post, and it helped you accurately to fix the smartphone’s physical button issue.