Easy Contents Jumps
- Fix Moto G8 Power Volume & Power Buttons Not Working
Fix Moto G8 Power Volume & Power Buttons Not Working
In Short By Gadget Features To Fix Moto G8 Power Volume & Power Buttons Not Working
Fix Moto G8 Power Volume & Power Buttons Not Working. Well, all the methods that we have mentioned are some alternatives if the power and volume buttons appear to be unresponsive. Thus, if like this article, then do share it with your friends and family if they are encountering the same problem with their Moto G8 smartphone.
User Review( vote)
Recently, some users of Android smartphones have published an issue with the volume and power buttons. They stated that pressing the VolumeVolume up or down, they observe that the buttons are not working at all. And after pressing the buttons, they cannot increase or decrease the pitch, and just like this, Moto G8 appears to have the same problem.
Some of the users even charged that the button is unresponsive simultaneously with the power button, not working. Thus, in this situation, the users get mistaken about whether its a hardware issue or just a software glitch.
Nevertheless, in maximum cases, it emerges to be a hardware issue. Thus, before you consult the Android service center, you can initially undertake some practical steps, which will surely help to fix a defect in the software or remove the dirt and dust from the volume buttons or power button.
Well, cleaning the device regularly is essential as it stops all upcoming problems. And you should always clean the charging port, power, and volume button as dust can jam it. Soon after remarking the issue, you must restart the device.
As every user knows that, Android 9 is here, and it is operating in all latest smartphone handset. In the beginning, you should see that the device buttons are not running due to a hardware or a software problem. As in several cases, the users report that the sound buttons have stopped working after an update to the Android software version.
Thus, minor Google apps update also creates, and for that, users have to restart the device. Well, if restarting determines the problem, then it’s well and good, but if it doesn’t, later you must try to solve it yourself.
However, the primary method to verify if the buttons are operating or not is that you can try taking a screenshot by the power and Volume down buttons. Simply press both the buttons at a time. If you can easily take a screenshot, then it implies that the device has a software glitch.
But if the buttons are not operating only while you are trying to reboot the device or increase or decrease the Volume. Thus, in this article, we will explain the methods fix Moto G8 Volume & Power Buttons Not Working.
Fix Moto G8 Power Volume & Power Buttons Not Working
Moto G8 Power Volume Button Not Working
Initially, we will discuss the Volume button, not working. Well, if you have examined all the applications of the smartphone, then you may know about the Google Talkback app. Thus, it is an app that is already integrated into the device.
Now, you might be wondering that what is the use of this app? Some of the users may know about this app, but there are several of the users who didn’t have any idea regarding this app. Well, this app is fundamentally used by visually impaired users. The app helps with verbal feedback to the user regarding the activities and development of the device. It supports visually impaired users to utilize their devices properly.
This app does have some benefits, but it can also be the reason for the volume button issue. To resolve this problem, you have to remove the cache of the application. You can further clear the system cache to determine the software problem. If the app is not beneficial for you, then uninstall it as soon as possible. Thus, comprehend these steps to remove the cache and disable the app.
Wipe cache partition:
1. Initially, press the power button to turn off the smartphone.
2. Now, press the Volume Up together with Power keys until your Android or company’s logo resembles on the screen.
3. After that, free up both the buttons.
4. Hence, in recovery mode, you will see various options, you have to choose the ‘Wipe cache partition‘ utilizing the Power key.
5. Finally, you can impair the recovery mode by restarting the device.
Disable Talkback app:
1. Go to the Settings section of the device.
2. Choose the Apps/Application Manager.
3. Now, click on the three-dot option at the top-right corner and choose the System or Show system.
4. Place the Talkback app from the given list.
5. Click on the app name.
6. Thus, on the App info screen, select the disable button.
7. Lastly, reboot the smartphone as usual.
Moto G8 Power Power Button Not Working
Lets, move to the next method, in case if the above process didn’t work for you. Then you can apply this method, all you have to do is to control the Switch Access off. Next, you have to update the software version, which is very important for the device to manage smoothly. Hence, the following methods will help you to Switch Access off and update the device through settings if you have neglected any update earlier.
1. Go to the Settings section of the smartphone.
2. Choose the Accessibility option.
3. Now, under Accessibility, you have to hunt for the option.
4. After that, choose and disable the Switch Access option.
Update the device software:
1. Remember that your phone should have a good Wi-Fi Network. Because without the internet, you cannot install the update.
2. Now, visit the Setting section.
3. Click on About device.
4. Next, click System Updates.
5. Hunt for Updates in the settings.
6. After that, if the updates are available, then download and install the most advanced Android version.
7. Lastly, after installing the update, your smartphone will restart.
Next, we have the Turn on/off Android if the power button is not working. If you notice that your power button is materially damaged, then it is useless to turn off/on the device because it won’t work correctly. In this situation, you can consult the nearest company service center or download a third-party app.
This technique works for some users only. Google Play Store has various applications that can enable you to use the power button remotely. These apps help the owners to renew the device power button usability to the Volume button.
Moreover, you can also use apps like Gravity Screen, Proximity actions, and many other apps so that you can enjoy gesture features on the device. Some devices may not support the gesture feature as they lack the needed sensor.
But there is another possibility that the third-party app is also can be the actual culprit. You encountered the issue soon after installing a third-party app. So, you have to uninstall that app as soon as possible that you think is the real culprit for causing the fault. Thus, Safe mode can assist you in this situation.
1. Initially, press and hold the Power Key to switch off the smartphone.
2. Next, press and hold the Volume Down simultaneously with Power keys.
3. Now, free up the power button when the Android logo resembles on the screen.
4. Next, press the power key once again simultaneously with the Volume Down key that you are already holding.
5. Hence, you will see that the phone starts in recovery mode, then free up both the keys at a time.
6. Thus, you will see an option that will ask you to allow Safe Mode.
7. Tap on Ok to confirm.
8. Lastly, you will mark that the safe mode resembles the bottom of the screen.
Increase/Decrease Volume If Volume Button Not Working
After that, we have the increase/decrease volume if the volume button is not working. If you need to use the volume button urgently, and it’s not working, then in this type of situation, most of the users get panic. Thus, you can design the sound setting shortcut in the home screen, which is slightly complicated, but not impossible. All you have to do is to follow the steps that we have suggested carefully to formulate the volume button.
1. Visit the home screen, press, and hold at any portion of the screen to get the Add widgets option.
2. After that, you have to hunt for Settings. Now hold and pull it to the home screen.
3. Next, you will mark a new screen and choose the Settings shortcut.
4. Click on the Sound option.
5. Than a Sound shortcut resembles on the home screen.
6. Click on the volume shortcut and set the sound as per your requirement.
7. Lastly, you can also use the Microsoft Launcher if needed.
Fix Jammed & Broken Volume/Power Button
Next, we have the jammed & broken volume/ power button. Well, you are testing the power and volume up and down buttons are not all easier as it looks. Still, you can check the Volume down button by holding the power button and the VolumeVolume down button simultaneously.
Now, hold it for about ten seconds. Thus, you will mark that the device has a soft restart. Therefore, it won’t eliminate the device data, so; you don’t have to keep a backup. If the device restarts, then the volume button doesn’t have any physical damage.
Moreover, the dust that is held under the buttons can likewise make the buttons unresponsive. Therefore, the switch needs to link with the conductor plate for working. And you can clean the buttons by pressing it various times, or you can also use a very low suction vacuum cleaner to take out the trash, lint, and dust. Once you completed this step, proceed to the next step.
Moto G8 Power Volume Button Replacement
Lastly, we have the volume button replacement. In case of if the methods mentioned above don’t work and you think that the buttons might get damaged, then you must consult the nearest service center to get it replaced. Not only this, but you can also try the factory reset option in recovery mode if you don’t desire to spend money on the replacement of buttons. Well, back up the data and factory reset utilizing the following steps.
Factory reset via recovery mode:
1. Always remember to have a full backup of all data of your phone.
2. Now switch off the smartphone and put it to charge.
3. Next, press the power and volume down buttons simultaneously.
4. Thus free up and again hold the Power button. Make sure that you are holding the Volume down button.
5. After that, press the Volume down button several times to highlight ‘Delete all user data and reset all settings.’
6. Thus, to confirm, click on, Yes.
7. Lastly, press the power button to apply the factory reset.
So, by this article, we have mentioned all the troubleshooting guide to Fix Moto G8 Power Volume & Power Buttons Not Working. Well, all the methods that we have mentioned are some alternatives if the power and volume buttons appear to be unresponsive. Thus, if like this article, then do share it with your friends and family if they are encountering the same problem with their Moto G8 smartphone.