Easy Contents Jumps
Fix Samsung Galaxy M40 Battery Draining Issue (Problem Solved)
In Short By Gadget Features To Fix Samsung Galaxy M40 Battery Draining Issue (Problem Solved)
Fix Samsung Galaxy M40 Battery Draining Issue. Battery issue in Android smartphone is a common problem which is sometimes difficult to solve. If you still face the battery issue and think that it needs to be replaced, then contact the device service center immediately before the bug affects other features.
User Review( vote)
Most of you get worried when you find your Android smartphone’s battery is constantly draining before you head to your home. Everyone wants their Android smartphone to have a longer battery life so that the device works for all day in a single charge. Battery draining faster is likely when you take all the life out of the device by changing some settings of the device and adding applications. Battery drain also occurs due to poorly manufactured phone or inbuilt malicious apps.
Some daily activities which reduce the phone battery are constantly calling home, normal phone activities like chacking the device and using too many apps that require regular updates, apps that turn the phone on, automatic turning on of HD phone display. Purchasing a high-end HD screen device enhances the overall experience of the device, but it can also reduce the battery power easily. The GPS feature and the Play store are also the major culprits which eat the battery rapidly.
The Android software has been developed rapidly and attracted most of the smartphone enthusiasts. Google has improved many features of the Android software since it was first released, but the battery draining problem has not been solved yet. While the main reason for a constant battery drain is an inadequate sort of apps. Although there are a there can be another culprit which most of you overlook, ‘Android OS and Android System’. The software bug can cause the battery to drain overnight.
If you are annoyed with your smartphone battery draining issue and if it doesn’t last for even a few hours, then the device has been affected by a severe bug which needs to be fixed. In this article, we will discuss the complete troubleshooting guide to fix Samsung Galaxy M40 Battery Draining Issue. If you have any queries relating to this article or you are facing other issues with the device, feel free to contact Gadget Features Forum. Our experts will help you with the most effective solutions.
Fix Samsung Galaxy M40 Battery Draining Issue (Problem Solved)
Battery draining fast
At first, you have to check which app is consuming more battery power. We all know that most of the battery power is utilized by apps which requires an internet connection to work. These apps also consume power when the phone is not at work. There is an option in the phone which lets you detect those apps easily. Follow these steps to know which app is draining the battery and immediately delete those applications.
1. Navigate to the Settings section of the device.
2. Tap on the Battery option.
3. Tap on the battery icon and you can notice the apps and their battery consumption.
4. Check the apps which you are consuming more battery and remove it permanently from your phone. You can also force stop those apps which will help it to start from new.
5. To force stop an app, visit the Settings.
6. Tap on the applications.
7. Tap on the app which you want to force stop or uninstall.
8. Select Force stop or uninstall if you want to remove it from the device.
Android system battery drain
Safe mode is another method to know if the applications in the smartphone are eating lots of battery power. You can run the phone in safe mode and observe for a few hours if the battery issue is solved. Almost every device like smartphone and PC are integrated with this feature which turns off the connectivity features and apps until you navigate from safe mode. These steps will help you to enable the safe mode.
1. Wake up the screen and press and hold the Power key.
2. Press and hold Power off which appears on the screen.
3. You will notice an option which will ask you to enable Safe Mode.
4. Click on Ok to confirm.
5. You will see the safe mode appears at the bottom of the screen
6. Check the phone while it’s on safe mode for at two days.
7. If the phone works good in safe mode, then delete the app which you think is the cause of battery issue.
8. After uninstalling an app, restart the device.
Battery drain after update
Updating the device is essential to run it safely. You are automatically informed when a system update is available, but most of you ignore it and find it unimportant. After updating the latest software available for your smartphone you can enjoy improvements like the latest features, increased speed, advanced functionality, OS upgrade and bug fixes as well. Few Android users are not happy with the new update and want to downgrade the software version. Here are the steps which will let you update and downgrade the device.
Update software version:
1. Navigate to the Settings section of the phone.
2. Now, tap on the About Phone option.
3. Tap on the Check for updates option.
4. If you find a new update then install it.
5. You need a good internet connection for installing the updates.
6. After updating, reboot the device by long-pressing the power key and tap on the reboot option.
Downgrade the OS version:
1. Download ADB & Fastboot on your PC.
2. Enable OEM Unlocking.
3. Turn off the smartphone.
4. Press and hold volume down and power buttons to enable Android’s bootloader menu.
5. On Windows, locate C:\Program Files (x86)\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools.
6. Hold down the shift key, right-click on the screen on the platform-tools folder.
7. Select “Open command window here” option.
8. Unlock the Bootloader.
9. Press the enter button.
10. Download and flash the factory images.
Battery drain overnight
Many of the smartphone users have complained that the battery drains overnight. They have to plug the phone in charging for the whole night, but still, the battery gets drained in a few hours. Although overcharging the device can result in battery issues so, you must be careful while charging the device. If you want to save the battery, then turn the battery saver mode when you aren’t using the device. Always keep the battery level above 40 per cent to avoid future battery problems.
Battery saver mode:
1. Change its settings on a smartphone.
2. Click on the Battery screen option in the Settings.
3. On the Battery screen, tap the menu button.
4. Tap “Battery saver.”
5. To manually allow Battery Saver mode, visit the Battery Saver screen.
6. Toggle the option in Battery Saver mode.
7. To turn off Battery Saver mode, pull down your notification shade and tap “Turn Off Battery Saver”.
Battery drain fix
Another feature which affects the battery performance if automatic brightness mode. All new-gen smartphones are integrated with this feature which adapts the brightness according to the surrounding light. You can easily change the brightness level by dragging down the notification bar. You have to turn off the auto-brightness mode by using the following steps.
1. Navigate to the home screen of the phone.
2. Visit the settings of the phone.
3. Tap on the Display option.
4. Select the Brightness option from the list in settings.
5. Toggle off the Auto option.
6. You can set the brightness by sliding the slider.
Battery Heating While Charging
The cache is another reason for your battery rapidly draining. Some users have even complained that the phone overheats while charging. This can be caused due to overcharging the device. You can also clear the cache of the device to avoid battery draining problems. Follow these steps to clear the system’s cache in recovery mode.
Wipe cache partition:
1. Press and hold the power button to turn off the smartphone.
2. Press and hold the Volume Up along with Power keys until you Android or company’s logo appears on the screen.
3. Release both the buttons.
4. In recovery mode, you will see several options, you have to select ‘Wipe cache partition’ using the power key.
5. You can navigate from the recovery mode by restarting the device.
Battery draining fast after update
A factory reset is the last option which can help you to fix the battery issue. It will wipe out the malicious files which might be consuming the battery power. You can back up the data and upload it back after a factory reset. There are two methods to factory reset the device. Here are the steps.
Reset via settings:
1. Navigate to the Home screen and Settings section.
2. Click on the ‘General’ tab.
3. Tap Restart & reset.
4. Select Factory data reset.
5. Verify your passcode if asked.
6. Click on Reset phone > Delete all > Reset.
Via Recovery mode:
1. Make sure that you have kept the backup of all data of the phone.
2. Now turn off the smartphone and connect to charging.
3. Press and hold the Power and Volume down buttons.
4. Then release and again hold the Power button. Remember you are holding the Volume down button.
5. Press the Volume down button a few times to highlight ‘Delete all user data and reset all settings’.
6. Click on the Ok button to confirm.
7. Press the Power button to factory reset.
So, these were the methods to Fix Samsung Galaxy M40 Battery Draining Issue. Battery issue in Android smartphone is a common problem which is sometimes difficult to solve. If you still face the battery issue and think that it needs to be replaced, then contact the device service center immediately before the bug affects other features. I hope you liked this article and it helped you to fix the Galaxy M40 battery problem. Don’t forget to share this article with your friends and relatives who are experiencing the same problem.