Easy Contents Jumps
Fix Samsung Galaxy A20 Internet Hotspot Not Working Issue
In Short By Gadget Features To Fix Samsung Galaxy A20 Internet Hotspot Not Working Issue
The hotspot issues can occur due to outdated software, buggy firmware or hotspots device placed far and result in poor signal strength. In this article, we will discuss the methods. Fix Samsung Galaxy A20 Internet Hotspot Not Working Issue. If you still face the problem, then you have to immediately contact the company’s service centre.
User Review( vote)
Android is the most well-accepted Smartphone OS. It has approximately 90 per cent of share in the smartphone market. Its user-friendly and open-source nature has attracted many smartphone enthusiasts. The Android software is produced with many customization options and apps which makes the smartphone experience even better. Although, these features are not worth using without a faster internet connection. There are three ways which give you access to the internet on phones, they are Wifi, hotspot, and mobile data.
The hotspot is a great feature which gives you internet access when you runs out of mobile data pack or balance. There are many shops and community places where you get free hotspot connections. Using this connection, you can easily get access to non-stop internet browsing via Wifi connection. A hotspot is a trusted and fast internet feature, which is not metered and nearly all phones can be connected with it. Sadly, if your device has a hotspot issue, then you cannot connect with any open network.
Hotspot issues can occur if your Wifi is not working. Most of the hotspot issues are related to the software of the device. The Galaxy A20 smartphone which is the latest Samsung handset also has a hotspot problem. The users complain that they connect to their friend’s smartphone hotspot via Wifi. Some have reported that they cannot give access to the internet to their friends via hotspot. In both cases, the hotspot feature is affected by a software glitch.
The hotspot issues can occur due to outdated software, buggy firmware or hotspots device placed far and result in poor signal strength. In this article, we will discuss the methods to fix Samsung Galaxy A20 Internet Hotspot Not Working Issue. If you have any issues related to other brand’s smartphone, then feel free to contact Gadget Features Forum. Our experts will help you to give the best solutions available. Now, we will proceed to discuss the hotspot not working issue.
Fix Samsung Galaxy A20 Internet Hotspot Not Working Issue
Hotspot not working
Before connect to a hotspot network, make sure that the mobile or cellular data is turned off. This can prevent the smartphone from using Wifi for internet access. Now, you must know to connect the hotspot connection. If you miss any of the steps, then an error will be displayed on the screen, If you are connecting to a private network, then you must know the password of the connection. The correct password will give you access to high-speed internet.
1. Visit the Settings of the smartphone.
2. Select the More button at the bottom of the Wireless & networks.
3. Enter the Tethering and portable hotspot.
4. Select the Setup Wi-Fi hotspot option.
5. Enter a Network name.
6. Select a Security type which can be WPA2 AES. You can also select the None option if you only want to provide internet to friends.
7. Enter a required Password.
8. Make sure that the mobile data is connected while you connect via hotspot. Your internet won’t work if it is turned off.
9. Drag the notification bar.
10. Tap on the mobile data or cellular data option.
Hotspot not connecting to laptop
You must keep your smartphone charged more than 50 per cent to enjoy hassle-free activities on the phone. When the battery level is low, the battery saver mode turns on automatically. This mode turns off many connectivity and applications of your device. You can charge the device if the battery saver mode is on or just disable it by using the following steps.
1. Change its settings on a smartphone.
2. Click on the Battery screen option in the Settings.
3. On the Battery screen, tap the menu button.
4. Tap “Battery saver.”
5. To manually allow Battery Saver mode, visit the Battery Saver screen.
6. Toggle the option in Battery Saver mode.
7. To turn off Battery Saver mode, pull down your notification shade and tap “Turn Off Battery Saver”.
Hotspot no internet
Sometimes, you have difficulty in connecting to a specific network or connection. In this case, you can forget the network which will remove all the data of the connection. Although, you can re-enter the details after using the forget option. Another method is to turn off the data limit. If the hotspot device has been set to a specific data limit, then the internet can stop in between your activities. You can turn off the data limit by using the following steps.
1. Navigate to the settings menu.
2. Click on the WiFi option.
3. Select the desired network.
4. Now you will see an option, “Forget” button so, tap on it.
5. Enter the details again and start your internet browsing.
Turn Off data limit option:
1. Navigate to the Home screen and click on the Settings icon.
2. Now, tap on the “Data usage”.
3. You will notice the “Limit mobile data usage” option.
4. Drag the limit range or just toggle this option off so that it won’t interrupt you to use internet access.
5. Reboot the smartphone.
Tethering not working
In this method, we will update the device OS which is the ultimate solution for all your smartphone flaws. Updating comes with bug fixes and latest features which can help you prevent and solve the software issues of the device. You can also use tethering to access the internet in the laptop or computer, but wireless networks are prefered more. You can set the IP address accurately if you cannot connect to any hotspot network.
1. Your phone must have a good Wi-Fi Network. Without the internet, you cannot install the update.
2. Navigate to the Settings.
3. Tap on About device.
4. Now, tap System Updates.
5. Search for Updates in the settings.
6. If updates are available, then download and install the latest Android version.
7. The smartphone will restart after the installation process.
1. Open the Wi-Fi connection in the Settings section of the phone.
2. Now, search for the specific Android Hotspot network.
3. Long press on the WiFi network and tap on the Advanced Settings.
4. The Advanced setting is also present at the Modify Network option.
5. Change the IP setting from DHCP to Static.
6. Now select the IP Address.
7. Save the changes and connect to the network.
Laptop connects to hotspot but no internet
Some users have complained that they cannot hotspot network to a laptop. Make sure that both the devices are running in the latest software version. You can also clear the cache of both the devices. Although, in most of the hotspot issues, clearing the smartphones system cache solves the problem. Hence, we will use the wipe cache partition option of safe mode to clear the cache of the phone.
Update Laptop’s software:
1. Navigate to the Settings.
2. Click on Update & security.
3. Now select Windows Update.
4. Click on Check for updates, if updates are available, download it.
5. Make sure that you have a proper internet connection while downloading the updates.
Wipe Cache Partition:
1. Press and hold the power button to turn off the smartphone.
2. Press and hold the Volume Up along with Power keys until you Android or company’s logo appears on the screen.
3. Release both the buttons.
4. In recovery mode, you will see several options, you have to select ‘Wipe cache partition’ using the Power key.
5. You can navigate from the recovery mode by restarting the device.
So, these were the methods to Fix Samsung Galaxy A20 Internet Hotspot Not Working Issue. If you still face the problem, then you have to immediately contact the company’s service centre. Hotspot issue is not permanent as it is a minor software issue reported in all Android smartphones. I hope you liked this article and it helped you to fix the hotspot issue of your Galaxy A20. You can also share this post with your friends and relatives who are facing the same issue. Don’t forget to read our previous post to fix other problems with your phone.