Easy Contents Jumps
Fix Oppo Find X Internet Hotspot Not Working Issue
In Short By Gadget Features To Fix Oppo Find X Internet Hotspot Not Working Issue
If you own a new-gen smartphone, then you must know the benefits of Wi-Fi data-sharing feature. Hotspots offer more advantageous ability compared to tethering, that enables the users to share a data connection with a laptop via USB cable. The Tethering can also be executed via software such as PdaNet. The free Wi-Fi hotspots are really popular and general, although in some situations we need to use the internet when we don’t have a network for mobile data.
User Review( vote)
As you all know, the iPhone can be easily used as a Wi-Fi hotspot, but there are many Android smartphones and tablets which allow related features. Using a Wi-Fi hotspot, the Android owner can efficiently share the mobile data connection on other phones. This wireless connectivity feature allows up to five devices to use the same network. Android hotspot offers internet access to cell phones, tablets, and computers.
If you own a new-gen smartphone, then you must know the benefits of Wi-Fi data-sharing feature. Hotspots offer more advantageous ability compared to tethering, that enables the users to share a data connection with a laptop via USB cable. Tethering can also be executed via software such as PdaNet. The free Wi-Fi hotspots are really popular and general, although in some situations we need to use the internet when we don’t have a network for mobile data.
A Hotspot is a great option compared to the Wi-Fi router, which is expensive as well as difficult to install. However, there are many problems which Android users face while using hotspot connectivity. The users must be careful while using a smartphone as a Wi-Fi hotspot, and among whom they give the confidential password as it can drain out all the monthly pack of mobile data usage. There are many other problems related to phone hotspot.
Oppo Find X users have also complained that the hotspot isn’t working and they cannot connect to a network, here is a complete guide to fix this issue. In this article, we have discussed the full troubleshooting guide to fix Oppo Find X Internet Hotspot Not Working Issue. If you have any other issues related to other gadgets, feel free to contact Gadget Features Forum. Now, let’s begin the first method to fix the hotspot not working at all issue.
Fix Oppo Find X Internet Hotspot Not Working Issue
Before solving the issues, you must know the steps to connect to a network. A hotspot is easy to use and completely safe if you are allowing access to trusted networks only. The following steps will help you to connect to any hotspot network via Wifi.
1. Visit the Settings of the smartphone.
2. Select the More button at the bottom of the Wireless & networks.
3. Enter the Tethering and portable hotspot.
4. Select the Setup Wi-Fi hotspot option.
5. Enter a Network name.
6. Select a Security type which can be WPA2 AES. You can also select the None option if you only want to provide internet to friends.
7. Enter a required Password.
8. Make sure that the mobile data is connected while you connect via hotspot. Your internet won’t work if it is turned off.
9. Drag the notification bar.
10. Tap on the mobile data or cellular data option.
Hotspot not working
Battery saver mode disables the connectivity features as well as some power consuming apps of the phone. So, battery saver mode must be disabled while you use the hotspot feature. If your phone has a low battery, then the power-saving mode might be on so, charge your phone before connecting to a network. Follow these steps to disable battery saver.
1. Change its settings on a smartphone.
2. Click on the Battery screen option in the Settings.
3. On the Battery screen, tap the menu button.
4. Tap “Battery saver.”
5. To manually allow Battery Saver mode, visit the Battery Saver screen.
6. Toggle the option in Battery Saver mode.
7. To turn off Battery Saver mode, pull down your notification shade and tap “Turn Off Battery Saver”.
Hotspot not connecting to laptop
Sometimes you cannot connect the hotspot to a specific device. In this case, the problem might be in the specific device connection. So, you have to forget the device. This means, the data of the network will be removed, but you can re-enter the details after using the following steps.
1. Navigate to the settings menu.
2. Click on the WiFi option.
3. Select the desired network.
4. Now you will see an option, “Forget” button so, tap on it.
5. Enter the details again and start your internet browsing.
Hotspot no internet
The smartphone can get some software bug if it isn’t running on the latest updated software version. The new updates come with latest features and bug fixes as well. Generally, the Android updates are automatically downloaded if it’s available. Although, if you haven’t received the update, then download it following the below steps.
1. Your phone must have a good Wi-Fi Network. Without the internet, you cannot install the update.
2. Navigate to the Settings.
3. Tap on About device.
4. Now, tap System Updates.
5. Search for Updates in the settings.
6. If updates are available, then download and install the latest Android version.
7. The smartphone will restart after the installation process.
Tethering not working
Third-party apps can also help you when the built-in hotspot feature won’t work. We recommend you to download Fox-Fi, one of the best apps that really solves the hotspot issue. It is also available for USB and Bluetooth tethering modes. So, it is a great connectivity solution at one spot.
Another alternative of the hotspot app is Open Garden. If you share your internet with your friends regularly, then you must try this amazing app. If you don’t want to download any third-party app, then follow these steps to set the IP address accurately.
1. Open the Wi-Fi connection in the Settings section of the phone.
2. Now, search for the specific Android Hotspot network.
3. Long press on the WiFi network and tap on the Advanced Settings.
4. The Advanced setting is also present at the Modify Network option.
5. Change the IP setting from DHCP to Static.
6. Now select the IP Address.
7. Save the changes and connect to the network.
The laptop connects to the hotspot but no internet
Some users have complained that they cannot connect the hotspot to a laptop. This might be due to old version software. Just like the Android phone, it is essential to update the laptop’s software. Follow these steps carefully to update the laptop software.
1. Navigate to the Settings.
2. Click on Update & security.
3. Now select Windows Update.
4. Click on Check for updates, if updates are available, download it.
5. Make sure that you have a proper internet connection while downloading the updates.
So, these were the methods to fix Oppo Find X Internet Hotspot Not Working Issue. If the issue is still not solved, then contact the smartphone service centre. The Android connectivity problems are common so, you don’t have to worry. I hope you liked this article and it helped you to fix the phone’s issue. Don’t forget to share it with your friends and relatives who are facing the same issues. You can also read our previous article to solve other smartphone problems.