Easy Contents Jumps
Fix Oppo A74 GPS Issue With Accuracy Calibration Problems
In Short By Gadget Features To Fix Oppo A74 GPS Issue With Accuracy Calibration Problems
If you are here, then you must have experienced a software glitch in the GPS feature. It is the most annoying situation when you need GPS, but you undergo a sudden error. It can trouble your holiday trips if you depend on GPS for locations. We have gathered a guide to Fix Oppo A74 GPS Issue With Accuracy Calibration Problems.
User Review( votes)
Do you still carry a physical map with you to find locations? Well, the answer will be a big no. Smartphones have made our life convenient and comfortable with almost every necessary feature. You don’t have to carry a map, calculator, pen, paper, or a torch with you. Just pull out your phone from your pocket and fulfill any of your problems. Technology has made it possible, and you don’t have to carry all of these with your everywhere.
GPS navigation has replaced the big maps that help you locate any place around you or anywhere in this world. Not only places, but it also helps you find directions with less traffic, your favorite coffee shops, and even your house. You can also find a lost phone using GPS technology. You can easily share your location with your friends so that they can find you. It has added convenience to the life of smartphone users. Although, you cannot enjoy these features if the GPS doesn’t work.
Android smartphone gives much trouble to the users including GPS navigation problems. Most Android issues occur due to software glitches. It doesn’t mean that the device can’t have a hardware problem. Although, the chances of software glitches are more, which you can solve without any help from a technician. When you face a GPS navigation problem, the device will take more than 10 minutes to display the results. Sometimes, the GPS doesn’t work at all, and an error is displayed.
You can find your location to check if the navigation or Google map is working or not. If the result takes more than 10 minutes, then the device has a severe software glitch. If you are here, then you must have experienced a software glitch in the GPS feature. It is the most annoying situation when you need GPS, but you undergo a sudden error. It can trouble your holiday trips if you depend on GPS for locations. We have gathered a guide to Fix Oppo A74 GPS Issue With Accuracy Calibration Problems.
Fix Oppo A74 GPS Issue With Accuracy Calibration Problems
Fix Oppo A74 GPS Accuracy
First of all, you need to reboot the smartphone. It will remove any glitch in the connection. As you all know, the phone requires mobile data for GPS navigation. Without the internet, hardly any of the features will work accurately. You need a stable internet to connect for GPS navigation. You can reinsert the SIM card if the device is not receiving a sufficient network. High-accuracy mode is a built-in option to improve GPS performance. Follow these steps to enable high accuracy mode.
High accuracy Mode:
- Navigate to the Settings of the smartphone.
- Now, tap on the Location option.
- Turn on the location services.
- Select the Mode option and change it to High accuracy.
- Your phone must have a working Wi-Fi or cellular data connectivity to run the GPS feature.
Fix Oppo A74 Poor GPS
Google play store has lots of applications for every purpose. These third-party apps can also assist you to identify if the default GPS feature is not working. You must download apps carefully as some of them can be harmful to the smartphone. You can discover the GPS application and download the app with good reviews. GPS Status tool and GPS Status & Toolbox are some apps that can replace the default GPS app. You can follow these steps to utilize these apps.
GPS Status tool:
- At first, set the GPS to high accuracy.
- Switch on WiFi and Bluetooth.
- Open Google Maps in the background.
- Now, open the GPS Status tool.
- Clear Google Maps data.
GPS Status & Toolbox:
- Go to the Google Play Store.
- Here search for the GPS Status & Toolbox in the play store.
- Now click on the Install button and set it for the complete installation.
- From the Home screen, open the downloaded application.
- Go to Menu > Tools > Manage A-GPS State.
- Choose Reset options.
Fix Oppo A74 GPS Calibration
Calibrating the GPS is essential for improving GPS activities. Although, the device doesn’t have a default calibration option. Calibrating the GPS app can help to improve performance and speed. Similar to the above method, you have to download a third-party app. You can easily find this application in the Google play store that can calibrate the GPS feature. Follow these steps to calibrate the GPS app using GPS Essentials app.
GPS Essentials app:
- After installing, open GPS Essentials.
- Tap on the Compass option.
- Hold your phone and turn it vertically three times when holding the phone flat. Slowly accomplish this step.
- Revolve your phone from front to reverse vertically three times.
- Flip the device horizontally three times from front to rear.
Fix Google Maps Not Working
Google Maps application is installed in the smartphone by default. Android smartphones mostly come with pre-installed Google maps. You must have ignored an update that resulted in a GPS software glitch. Every app requires to run up to date for smooth performance Google Maps needs the latest update to offer accurate results. You have to check for the latest update in the app store. You can also re-connect your Gmail account to remove any glitch in the connectivity. Follow these steps and solve the GPS problem.
Update GPS app:
- Navigate to the Play Store.
- Tap on the three dots that appear in the drop-down menu.
- Select My Apps and Games.
- Search for Google Maps.
- Tap Update and wait for it to complete.
- A stable internet connection to update the map.
Remove Google Account:
- Log out from the Google Maps app on the device.
- Navigate to Settings and select Accounts.
- Change to Google and pick the Google account linked to the Google Maps app.
- Tap on the Menu option that is three vertical dots.
- Select the Remove account option.
- Restart the smartphone and visit Settings.
- Select Apps > All > Google Maps app.
- Tap on Clear data and uninstall updates.
- Reboot the device. Now, visit Google Play Store again.
- Tap on Google Maps app and install the updates.
- Add the Google Account again.
Fix GPS Not Working
Safe mode disables the malicious third-party applications and other features of the phone. It helps you know if third-party apps are the culprit for software problems. You have to monitor the device ins safe mode. If it works like before then uninstall the application you have downloaded recently. You can reboot the device to disable the safe mode. You can also check the battery saver mode if it’s turned on. It will disable the features that consume more power.
- Wake up the screen and hold the Power key.
- Hold the Power button to turn off what appears on the screen.
- You will get an option that asks you to allow Safe Mode.
- Tap on Ok to confirm.
- You will see the safe mode appears at the bottom of the screen.
- Now check the phone if the device is in safe mode for two days.
- If the phone is working well in safe mode. Now, delete the app you find is the cause of the battery issue.
- After you have uninstalled the app, now restart the device.
Battery Saver Mode:
- Change its settings on a smartphone.
- Click on the Battery screen option in the Settings.
- On the Battery screen, tap the menu button.
- Tap “Battery saver.”
- To manually allow Battery Saver mode, visit the Battery Saver screen.
- Toggle the option in Battery Saver mode.
- To turn off Battery Saver mode, pull down your notification shade and tap “Turn Off Battery Saver”.
Fix GPS Signal Lost
In the last method, Recovery mode can help you to fix the glitches. It is a hidden section in the Android smartphone. It can solve almost every software-related issue. Here, you can wipe the cache partition of the device. You can also factory reset the phone memory to fix the smartphone phones. It changes the device setting to its factory default. You can back up the device before a factory reset.
Wipe cache partition:
- Press and hold the power button to turn off the smartphone.
- Press and hold the Volume Up and Power keys until your Android or company logo appears on the screen.
- Release both the buttons.
- In recovery mode, you will see several options. You have to select Wipe cache partition using the Power key.
- You can navigate from the recovery mode by restarting the device.
- Make sure that you have kept the backup of all data on the phone.
- Now turn off the smartphone and connect to charging.
- Press and hold the Power and Volume down buttons.
- Then release and again hold the Power button. Remember to press the Volume down button.
- Press the Volume down button a few times to highlight Delete all user data and reset all settings.
- Click on the Ok button to confirm.
- Press the Power button to factory reset.
So, this was the troubleshooting guide to Fix Oppo A74 GPS Issue With Accuracy Calibration Problems. The problem can also happen due to hardware faults, which you cannot solve using this guide. GPS is an in-built sensor. It will land you in trouble if it gets damaged. You can visit the smartphone service center if you still can’t fix the issue. I hope you liked this article, and it helped you to solve your Oppo phone issue. Don’t forget to share this post with your friends facing the same glitch on the Oppo device.