Easy Contents Jumps
- Fix OnePlus Nord 2 Internet Hotspot Not Working Issue
Fix OnePlus Nord 2 Internet Hotspot Not Working Issue
In Short By Gadget Features To Fix OnePlus Nord 2 Internet Hotspot Not Working Issue
Similar to the problems, it’s challenging to know the reason for the hotspot issue. You can reboot the device soon after noticing the error to get rid of minor software glitches. You can also try to use tethering to connect your laptop. If it works like usual, then the device’s wireless features have severe issues. Here are the methods to Fix OnePlus Nord 2 Internet Hotspot Not Working Issue.
User Review( vote)
A hotspot is not something that needs an introduction. We all know the smartphone feature that allows internet access on various devices by connecting to a phone. You cannot take your router everywhere with you. Hence, the smartphone hotspot came to the rescue. Now, you will never miss an urgent mail from your company if you are on a family trip. Most business people or employees have a habit of carrying their laptops with them. You cannot complete your work if your device doesn’t have an internet connection.
Hotspot can easily connect to the laptop with a tap. You have to turn on the hotspot option on your smartphone. Hotspot connection became an essential feature in this Covid pandemic as the employees have to work from home. There were no means of installing a Wifi connection at home. If a user faces any problem with their Internet Service Provider (ISP), a mobile hotspot becomes a solution. iPhone users usually experience a glitch-free hotspot experience. Although, it doesn’t imply for Android smartphones.
If you are an Android user, you might face some glitches in the hotspot connectivity. The phone might connect to the hotspot, but you can’t use the internet. Hotspots are available everywhere these days. Even restaurants and malls provide free hotspot connectivity to attract customers. It is a vast development that eases our day-to-day life. However, these free internet services are of no use if you cannot connect to a network. Unfortunately, these issues are common in Android.
Hotspot issues can be various like phone not connecting, internet unavailable, slow internet, or others. Similar to the problems, it’s challenging to know the reason for the hotspot issue. You can reboot the device soon after noticing the error to get rid of minor software glitches. You can also try to use tethering to connect your laptop. If it works like usual, then the device’s wireless features have severe issues. Here are the methods to Fix OnePlus Nord 2 Internet Hotspot Not Working Issue.
Fix OnePlus Nord 2 Internet Hotspot Not Working Issue
Fix OnePlus Nord 2 Hotspot Not Working
Before we jump to a solution, the first thing you need to know is to connect the hotspot. Here must be some new smartphone users who are struggling to connect a device with a smartphone hotspot. Sometimes, the device gets connected, but there is no internet. You must re-check the password and device details accurately. Battery saver mode automatically turns on when the battery level is low. It turns off all the power-consuming features like a hotspot. You have to disable the battery saver mode to enjoy browsing.
- Visit the Settings of the smartphone.
- Select the More button at the bottom of the Wireless & networks.
- Enter the Tethering and portable hotspot.
- Select the Setup Wi-Fi hotspot option.
- Enter a Network name.
- Select a Security type that can be WPA2 AES. You can also select the None option if you only want to provide internet to friends.
- Enter a required Password.
- Make sure that the mobile data is connected while you connect via hotspot. Your internet won’t work if it is turned off.
- Drag the notification bar.
- Tap on the mobile data or cellular data option.
Battery Saver mode:
- Change its settings on a smartphone.
- Click on the Battery screen option in the Settings.
- On the Battery screen, tap the menu button.
- Tap “Battery saver.”
- To manually allow Battery Saver mode, visit the Battery Saver screen.
- Toggle the option in Battery Saver mode.
- To turn off Battery Saver mode, pull down your notification shade and tap “Turn Off Battery Saver”.
OnePlus Hotspot Not Connecting to the Laptop
To solve the hotspot issue, you have to modify the APN type in the access point settings. It will help you to improve the performance of your hotspot connection. Some users download VPN apps from the play store that prevent the hotspot internet from staying connected. You must check if the VPN is enabled. Follow these steps accurately to solve the hotspot not connecting issue.
- Navigate to the Settings app.
- Select the Network and internet > Mobile network.
- Now, tap on Advanced > Access point names.
- Tap on the 3-dots icon at the top right and New APN.
- Tap on the APN type and here, type “DUN” in the box.
- Tap on the 3-dots icon and select Save.
- Go to Settings.
- Select Network & Internet.
- Select Advanced > VPN.
- Disable any active VPNs.
Fix OnePlus WiFi Hotspot But No Internet
The cache is unwanted files stored in the smartphone memory while browsing. These files are downloaded without your permission. It corrupts the in-built features that can get affected by software issues. You have to remove these caches permanently from the smartphone memory. Updating the smartphone is equally essential to experience glitch-free activities. Your software must run the updated version for smooth app and device performance.
Wipe Cache Partition:
- Press and hold the power button to turn off the smartphone.
- Press and hold the phone volume up button along with Power keys until your Android or company logo appears on the screen.
- Release both the buttons.
- In recovery mode, you will see several options. You have to select Wipe cache partition using the power key.
- You can navigate from the recovery mode by restarting the device.
- Your phone must have a good Wi-Fi Network. Without the internet, you cannot install the update.
- Navigate to the Settings.
- Tap on the About device.
- Now, tap System Updates.
- Search for Updates in the settings.
- If updates are available, then download and install the latest Android version.
- The smartphone will restart after the installation process.
Fix OnePlus Tethering Not Working
In some cases, the internet stops working after few minutes. You have to check the limit data option. If you establish a limit for internet usage, then the internet will stop working after it reaches the set limit. You can turn off the limit or extended the limit. You can also try to forget the network that will eliminate the connection details. This method is only for users who experience issues with a particular connection.
Limit Data option:
- Navigate to the Home screen and click on the Settings icon.
- Now, tap on the “Data usage”.
- You will notice the “Limit mobile data usage” option.
- Drag the limit range or just toggle this option off so that it won’t interrupt you to use internet access.
- Reboot the smartphone.
- Navigate to the settings menu.
- Click on the WiFi option.
- Select the desired network.
- Now you will see an option, the “Forget” button so, tap on it.
- Enter the details again and start your internet browsing.
The Laptop Connects to Hotspot But No Internet
You must have downloaded too many apps, images, or files on the smartphone. The everyday usage of the device can collect lots of malicious data. You can reset the smartphone memory to remove the entire phone data. It will modify the default settings, and enhance the performance of the smartphone. Here are the steps to factory reset the device memory.
- Open the Wi-Fi connection in the Settings section of the phone.
- Now, search for the specific Android Hotspot network.
- Long press on the WiFi network and tap on the Advanced Settings.
- The Advanced setting is also present at the Modify Network option.
- Change the IP setting from DHCP to Static.
- Now select the IP Address.
- Save the changes and connect to the network.
Factory Reset via Recovery Mode:
- Make sure that you have kept the backup of all data on the phone.
- Now turn off the smartphone and connect to charging.
- Press and hold the Power and Volume down buttons.
- Then release and again hold the Power button. Remember you are holding the Volume down button.
- Press the Volume down button a few times to highlight ‘Delete all user data and reset all settings.
- Click on the Ok button to confirm.
- Press the Power button to factory reset.
So, these were the methods to Fix OnePlus Nord 2 Internet Hotspot Not Working Issue. Must stay calm while solving smartphone issues. A specific step won’t solve your hotspot problem. So, you need to utilize all these methods one by one. Hotspot issues are usually related to software glitches. Sometimes, the problem starts after the phone being banged hard on the floor. In this case, you might have to contact the service center. I hope you liked this article and it helped you to solve the OnePlus issues. Don’t forget to share this post with your friends and family facing the same problem.