Easy Contents Jumps
- Fix OnePlus 8T Volume & Power Buttons Not Working
Fix OnePlus 8T Volume & Power Buttons Not Working
In Short By Gadget Features To Fix OnePlus 8T Volume & Power Buttons Not Working
You will feel bad if you have purchased a phone like OnePlus, and cannot access the physical buttons. The recent update also caused some glitches in the smartphone performance. Here are some working methods to Fix the OnePlus 8T Volume & Power Buttons Not Working.
User Review( votes)
We don’t use the basic keypad smartphone these days. Almost everyone has a touch screen smartphone. You only get few controls with smartphone-like Volume and Power Buttons. These buttons are essential for waking up the screen, rebooting, safe mode, increasing/ decreasing the sound, and many more. It becomes problematic to find an alternative for these buttons. However, you can increase/decrease the sound via a sound option on the notification.
Earlier, the cell phone utilized low hardware and software compared to the upgraded smartphone. It hardly had an issue related to software. The problems were widely related-to the physically damaged device. However, it required professional specialists to repair the device. The new-gen smartphone issues are mostly linked to a software glitch. These problems occur due to software bugs that you can solve at home without any special tools.
After experiencing such a physical button problem, we advise you to restart the device. You can take a screenshot using the Volume and Power button. If you can take a screenshot, but cannot access the volume function, then the device has a software problem. Many of you get worried and think it’s the last stage of your beloved phone. However, it is a situation to worry about if you have purchased a new smartphone. You have to keep calm and handle the situation.
The smartphone has plenty of options to keep your smartphone in a working condition even when your Android device power button is not working. However, no one wants a phone with few features not working. You will feel bad if you have purchased a phone like OnePlus, and cannot access the physical buttons. The recent update also caused some glitches in the smartphone performance. Here are some working methods to Fix the OnePlus 8T Volume & Power Buttons Not Working.
Fix OnePlus 8T Volume & Power Buttons Not Working
OnePlus 8T Volume Button Not Working
If your device has a fingerprint scanner option, present on almost all phones nowadays. You can manage the feature to unlock your phone without the help of the power button. You can also utilize face unlock to wake your phone screen. If you don’t want to use these unlocking methods, then clear the cache of the phone. It occupies unnecessary space in the smartphone memory. You must delete these malicious files occasionally.
Set Face/ Fingerprint Unlock:
- Go to the settings option.
- Select the security option.
- Now, configure your fingerprint or face unlock.
Wipe cache partition:
- Press and hold the power button to turn off the smartphone.
- Press and hold the Volume Up along with Power keys until your Android or company’s logo appears on the screen.
- Release both the buttons.
- In recovery mode, you will see several options, you have to select ‘Wipe cache partition’ using the Power key.
- You can navigate from the recovery mode by restarting the device.
Disable Talkback app:
- Visit the Settings of the device.
- Select the Apps/Application Manager.
- Tap the three-dot option at the top-right corner and select the System or Show system.
- Locate the Talkback app from the list.
- Tap on the app name.
- On the App info screen, select the Disable button.
- Reboot the smartphone as usual.
OnePlus 8T Power Button Not Working
The phone accessibility option can help the users to fix the software glitch that causes button issues. You can also check if updates are available. Updates come with bug fixes and new features. You should not ignore the updates as it affects the future performance of the device. Follow these steps to fix the Volume and Power button, not working issues.
- Go to the Settings section.
- Choose the Accessibility option.
- Below Accessibility, you have to hunt for the option.
- Choose and disable the Switch Access option.
Update the device software:
- Remember that you are required to have a good Wi-Fi Network. Without the internet, you can’t install the update.
- Visit the Settings.
- Click on About device.
- Now, click System Updates.
- Hunt for Updates in the settings.
- If updates are prepared, then download and install the latest version of Android.
- Thus, the smartphone will restart once the installation process.
Turn On/Off Android If Power Button Not Working
You can try a soft reset for your smartphone problem. It becomes a matter to worry when the Power button or volume button doesn’t work. You cannot fix a damaged button without the assistant of a professional. You can control the Volume down button by pressing the power button and the Volume down button, at the same time. Press and hold the button for around ten seconds. You have successfully executed a soft reset. You don’t have to bother about the data of the smartphone.
Check if the Volume/ power button doesn’t have any physical damage. The clogged buttons can get damaged as well. Both the button must connect with the small wiring set up for work. Delicately press the buttons softly. Now, clean both the buttons using a piece of cloth to remove debris, lint, and dust. Dirt can hinder the buttons, so you must manage the device safely.
Increase/Decrease Volume If Volume Button Not Working
Applications that wake the screen are not only responsible for battery braining issues but also increases other problems. Safe mode disables all the third-party apps and runs the device safely without additional features. You have to observe the phone in the safe mode option. If you notice that the phone is running smoothly in safe mode, then uninstall the app downloaded recently.
- At, first, hold and press the Power key to switch off the smartphone.
- Touch and hold the Volume Down simultaneously with Power keys.
- Now free up the Power Key when the Android logo resembles on the screen.
- Press and hold the Power key repeatedly simultaneously with the Volume Down key, which you are holding already.
- Now the phone will start in recovery mode, then free both the keys.
- You will mark an option that will ask you to allow Safe Mode.
- Tap on Ok to confirm.
- Lastly, you will notice the safe mode resembles at the bottom of the screen.
Fix Jammed & Broken Volume/Power Button
If your device Volume or Power button is damaged, and you cannot repair it now. In an urgent situation, you can use the sound option as an alternative. You have to activate the sound option by using the following method. It is the quickest fix for the Volume button not working issue.
- Navigate to the home screen, touch, and press at any area of the screen to get the Add widgets option.
- Now, you have to search for Settings. Press and drag it to the home screen.
- You will see a new screen and select the Settings shortcut.
- Tap on the Sound option.
- Thus a Sound shortcut appears on the home screen.
- Tap on the volume shortcut and adjust the sound.
- Finally, you can apply to Microsoft Launcher if required.
OnePlus 8T Volume Button Replacement
The last option to solve the smartphone problem is a factory reset. However, many of the users don’t prefer this method. It will remove all the malicious files from the smartphone. You can easily solve the smartphone issue via recovery mode. It is a hidden feature of the Android device.
Factory reset via recovery mode
- At, first don’t forget to backup all data on the phone.
- Now switch off the smartphone and put it to charge.
- Touch and hold the Power along with the Volume down buttons.
- Free up and repeatedly hold the Power button. Remember that you are holding the Volume down button already.
- Hold the Volume down button several times to highlight ‘Delete all user data and reset all settings.’
- Thus, to confirm, click on, Yes.
- Lastly, press the Power button to factory reset.
Factory Reset Via Settings
- Select the setting menu on the phone.
- Click on the Backup and Reset Button.
- Now check the box that permits you to back-up your Google Account.
- Click on Reset Factory Settings.
- Click Reset Phone.
So, this was the complete troubleshooting guide to fix the OnePlus 8T Volume & Power Buttons Not Working. If you have dropped the phone by mistake inside water or on a hard surface, there are chances of damage. In this case, you can take the phone to the nearest service center before it gets too late. I hope you enjoyed reading this article, and it helped you to solve the OnePlus smartphone issue. You can use these steps for other Android phones as well. Although, the steps can differ due to distinct software versions. Don’t forget to share this post with your relatives or friends.