Easy Contents Jumps
Fix OnePlus 8T Keyboard Issues With Settings (Solved)
In Short By Gadget Features To Fix OnePlus 8T Keyboard Issues With Settings (Solved)
Many users have complained that the Android keyboard won’t type certain letters, and the Android keyboard not showing up on the lock screen. If you experience any of these issues, then the device has a software glitch. Here are the methods to Fix OnePlus 8T Keyboard Issues With Settings.
User Review( votes)
OnePlus smartphones have a huge demand in the gadget market. The price and features of OnePlus models have never failed to impress their fans. If you want to buy a phone from the reputed brand after Samsung models, the answer will be OnePlus. Android is a User-Friendly platform, but it often depresses the users with occasional glitches. Many software issues make the system slow, and the user starts facing many glitches in the device.
Android keyboard is one of the essential features of your smartphone. It is used for almost every small activity like typing in a search bar, typing messages, typing a blog, naming a folder, and many more. However, the Android flaw affects the touch keyboard that crashes abruptly, and the users can’t type or access few features of the smartphone. Android keyboard issue starts with a decline in the speed while typing words or an irresponsive keyboard app.
Most Android users are acquainted with using the built-in keyboard application, Gboard. However, some users prefer using other keyboard apps while Gboard stops working. After noticing an issue, the users reboot the phone again and again. After that, the users initiate debugging process by soft reset the device. The users try to clean up RAM and restore the software, but it won’t work.
Soft reset generally solves the network-related problems of the smartphone. However, the issue can be tricky to fix if the device has some severe malware. Many users have complained that the Android keyboard won’t type certain letters, and the Android keyboard not showing up on the lock screen. If you experience any of these issues, then the device has a software glitch. Here are the methods to Fix OnePlus 8T Keyboard Issues With Settings.
Fix OnePlus 8T Keyboard Issues With Settings
OnePlus 8T keyboard issues
Gboard is the default keyboard of every Android smartphone. You can try out some other keyboard app from the Google Play Store if Gboard doesn’t work. In this method, you have to force stop the keyboard app. Force stop option removes minor glitch in the applications. It will work smoothly after force stop. It doesn’t remove any data from your device so, you don’t have to worry.
1. On your phone go to the Setting menu
2. Now go down in the Apps section
3. Click on Application Manager
4. Go to the “All” tab
5. Then click on the app Android Keyboard
6. Click on Force Stop to stop the keyboard
WhatsApp keyboard not appearing android
Whatsapp is a well-known messaging application. It is not a default app on your android device. However, most of you have Whatsapp on smartphones. It has become an essential part of the phone that allows users to send messages, call anyone, and make video calls. Sometimes, Whatsapp doesn’t work accurately, and the keyboard won’t appear despite tapping the typing area. Follow these methods to fix keyboard issue in Whatsapp.
1. Go to the Settings option on your device.
2. Tap on the Apps list and click on the Application Manager and All tab.
3. Find the Whatsapp app and click on it.
4. Tap on Force Stop to close the app.
5. Now reboot your smartphone.
Steps to Update the app:
1. Go to the Google Play Store.
2. On the left side tap on three horizontal lines.
3. Click on My apps & games.
4. Search the WhatsApp application and download it.
Gboard not showing up android
Safe mode helps the users to detect the reason for the keyboard issue. It temporarily turns off the third-party apps and runs the device safely. If the phone runs smoothly in the safe mode, then you have to uninstall the app downloaded recently. You can turn off the safe mode by rebooting the phone like usual. It doesn’t require a complex method.
1. Hold the Power button of the smartphone
2. Now Hold the Shut Down option.
3. Tap the OK button when Safe Mode Restart.
4. Wait for the phone to get restarted
5. After that, a message will pop up (safe mode) below on the left corner.
6. Then open the social sites which require a keyboard.
7. Go to the Play Store> Menu> My Apps.
8. Click on the app you want to uninstall
9. Click Uninstall button and Ok to confirm
10. Restart the phone to disable safe mode.
Google keyboard not showing
Now, it’s time to clear the cache from the smartphone memory. You should regularly clear the cache as it takes too much space of device memory. It also consists of malicious files downloaded while browsing. You aren’t informed when these caches download. You can clear the keyboard app cache or device cache in recovery mode.
1. Go to the Setting menu.
2. Select the Application Manager under the apps.
3. Click on the All apps list.
4. Find and click the keyboard app.
5. Select the Clear Cache option.
6. Tap on Clear Data
7. Click on Ok to confirm.
Wipe Cache Partition:
1. Hold the power button to turn off the smartphone.
2. Hold the Volume Up along with Power keys unless you find the Android or company’s logo on the screen.
3. Now leave both the buttons.
4. You will find many options in the recovery mode, you have to select ‘Wipe cache partition’ using the Power key.
5. Restart the device to go from the recovery mode.
Keyboard language change
The keyboard probably has an issue with a specific language. You can change the language, and check if others are working. You can select the language that you can understand as it can become difficult for you to use. Follow these steps to change the device language.
1. From the home screen, press the Menu key.
2. Tap Settings, then My Device.
3. Scroll down and tap Language and Input.
4. Tap the Settings icon beside Samsung Keyboard.
5. Tap Input Languages, Ok button.
6. Now, select the language you want.
Gboard not working android
Software updates are an essential thing of an Android device. It comes with software bug fixes and new features. You can enjoy new features and allow the device to work smoothly after an update. You can check if updates are available, then install immediately.
1. Navigate to the Settings section of the phone.
2. Click on the Advanced Down arrow icon.
3. Tap on System updates.
4. Tap Check for update.
5. If an update is available, then tap OK.
6. Tap on the Download option.
7. Wait for the update to complete, then restart the device.
OnePlus 8T Gboard glide not working
This method is for users looking for an immediate fix. You can use the gesture control feature that is equipped in many smartphones these days. Gesture control can help you to the type or send a voice mail to your friends. If you want to send an urgent message and keyboard ditched, then enable gesture control.
Enable Gesture Typing:
1. Open the Settings app.
2. Select Language & Input.
3. Select the Google Keyboard, and then tap on Gesture Typing.
4. Make sure that all Master Control icons are enabled to the On position.
5. The Gesture Typing item must be enabled.
Swipe not working
The last method helps you to wipe the data from your device. A factory reset clears all the malicious files and folders stored on the phone. It will delete all your photos and videos as well. So, don’t forget to keep a backup. Reset the device in recovery mode for better results.
1. Select the setting menu on the phone.
2. Click on the Backup and Reset Button.
3. Now check the box that permits you to back-up your Google Account.
4. Click on Reset Factory Settings.
5. Click Reset Phone.
Via Recovery Mode:
1. Make sure that you have kept the backup of all data on the phone.
2. Now turn off the smartphone and connect to charging.
3. Press and hold the Power and Volume down buttons.
4. Then release and again hold the Power button. Remember you are holding the Volume down button.
5. Press the Volume down button a few times to highlight ‘Delete all user data and reset all settings’.
6. Click on the Ok button to confirm.
7. Press the Power button to factory reset.
So, these were the methods to fix OnePlus 8T Keyboard Issues With Settings. The smartphone problems in new-gen devices with a touchscreen, non-removable battery and no keypad are troublesome to fix. However, nothing is impossible, and it’s just a smartphone. If you still face the same issue, visit the service center before it gets too late. I hope you liked this article, and it helped you to fix the phone problem. Don’t forget to share this post with your friends and relatives, facing the same issue with their brand new OnePlus device.