Easy Contents Jumps
- Fix OnePlus 8T Internet Hotspot Not Working Issue
- Fix OnePlus 8T Hotspot Not Working
- OnePlus 8T Hotspot Not Connecting to the Laptop
- Fix OnePlus 8T WiFi Hotspot But No Internet
- Fix OnePlus 8T Tethering Not Working
- The Laptop Connects to OnePlus 8T Hotspot But No Internet
- Final Verdict
Fix OnePlus 8T Internet Hotspot Not Working Issue
In Short by Gadget Features To Fix OnePlus 8T Internet Hotspot Not Working Issue
You cannot connect to any hotspot connection or a specific hotspot device. The reasons for hotspot issues are not specific. There can be multiple issues affected by a software glitch. Hence, a particular method won’t fix the problem. So, we have gathered the methods to fix the OnePlus 8T Internet Hotspot Not Working Issue.
User Review( votes)
Hotspots are well-known smartphone features that are utilized for internet access. Hotspot network easily connects with smartphones and laptops. You can connect more than six devices using Hotspot. It is a physical spot that helps users get entrance to the internet by employing Wi-Fi technology. It uses a wireless area network (WLAN) and a router linked to a service provider. Hotspot networks are secure to connect, but some are dangerous for the device.
The open public hotspots are accessible to everyone. So, there are higher chances of the network getting corrupted by others. The connection configures for the determination of rendering internet access. The hotspot connection is managed widely by the host. Smartphone has many options for using the internet. Mobile data, Wifi, and USB tethering are few examples. However, you can get trapped in a situation where you don’t have a network signal or other internet connections.
You can ask your friend to turn on the Hotspot and use unlimited internet. The device utilizes mobile data to the provider to use internet service. It is one of the most efficient data connections available for internet surfing. It conveniently connects the data when you are away from the internet or the Wifi router. You can link the laptop using a phone hotspot and enjoy high-quality video calling services. After switching on the Android hotspot, the smartphone or laptop identifies mobile data as a broadband modem.
However, using the smartphone or connection for a long while can affect the data performance. Software glitches can make the hotspot feature useless. You cannot connect to any hotspot connection or a specific hotspot device. The reasons for hotspot issues are not specific. There can be multiple issues affected by a software glitch. Hence, a particular method won’t fix the problem. So, we have gathered the methods to fix the OnePlus 8T Internet Hotspot Not Working Issue.
Fix OnePlus 8T Internet Hotspot Not Working Issue
Fix OnePlus 8T Hotspot Not Working
For those who aren’t aware of using a hotspot connection, here are detailed steps. Hotspot connection is just like connecting Wifi to your smartphone. Before connecting to the hotspot, make sure that the phone has a sufficient charge. Battery saver mode turns on automatically when the smartphone is not charged. It disables many features of the phone like mobile data and third-party applications to consume less battery power. So, the hotspot will never work when battery saver mode is working.
1. Visit the Settings of the smartphone.
2. Select the More button at the bottom of the Wireless & networks.
3. Enter the Tethering and portable hotspot.
4. Select the Setup Wi-Fi hotspot option.
5. Enter a Network name.
6. Select a Security type which can be WPA2 AES. You can also select the None option if you only want to provide internet to friends.
7. Enter a required Password.
8. Make sure that the mobile data is connected while you connect via hotspot. Your internet won’t work if it is turned off.
9. Drag the notification bar.
10. Tap on the mobile data or cellular data option.
Battery Saver mode:
1. Change its settings on a smartphone.
2. Click on the Battery screen option in the Settings.
3. On the Battery screen, tap the menu button.
4. Tap “Battery saver.”
5. To manually allow Battery Saver mode, visit the Battery Saver screen.
6. Toggle the option in Battery Saver mode.
7. To turn off Battery Saver mode, pull down your notification shade and tap “Turn Off Battery Saver”.
OnePlus 8T Hotspot Not Connecting to the Laptop
Cache are malicious files stored in your system. It has a vast impact on your smartphone performance. These files also take unnecessary space in your smartphone memory. So, you must clear these cache occasionally to prevent future problems. Recovery mode can help you solve many smartphone problems. It is not known to every user so, you must try it.
Wipe Cache Partition in recovery mode:
1. Press and hold the power button to turn off the smartphone.
2. Press and hold the Volume Up along with Power keys until your Android or company’s logo appears on the screen.
3. Release both the buttons.
4. In recovery mode, you will see several options, you have to select ‘Wipe cache partition’ using the Power key.
5. You can navigate from the recovery mode by restarting the device.
Fix OnePlus 8T WiFi Hotspot But No Internet
Sometimes, the internet turns off automatically after few minutes. Your phone must have a data limit set in the smartphone setting. The Android users are advised to extend the data timer. You can also turn off the data limit option. Many times, the issue is faced with a specific hotspot connection. You can forget the network to remove minor glitches in the network. This method will assist you to experience hassle-free internet access.
Limit Data option:
1. Navigate to the Home screen and click on the Settings icon.
2. Now, tap on the “Data usage”.
3. You will notice the “Limit mobile data usage” option.
4. Drag the limit range or just toggle this option off so that it won’t interrupt you to use internet access.
5. Reboot the smartphone.
1. Navigate to the settings menu.
2. Click on the WiFi option.
3. Select the desired network.
4. Now you will see an option, the “Forget” button so, tap on it.
5. Enter the details again and start your internet browsing.
Fix OnePlus 8T Tethering Not Working
An essential feature of Android updates is security patches. The users can update the device to get the best version of the Android Operating System (OS). It will improve the overall performance of the smartphone. Updating the phone can remove data from the memory like messages, contacts, videos, and others. You must keep a backup on the memory card or Gdrive backup to keep your data safe.
1. Your phone must have a good Wi-Fi Network. Without the internet, you cannot install the update.
2. Navigate to the Settings.
3. Tap on the About device.
4. Now, tap System Updates.
5. Search for Updates in the settings.
6. If updates are available, then download and install the latest Android version.
7. The smartphone will restart after the installation process.
1. Open the Wi-Fi connection in the Settings section of the phone.
2. Now, search for the specific Android Hotspot network.
3. Long press on the WiFi network and tap on the Advanced Settings.
4. The Advanced setting is also present at the Modify Network option.
5. Change the IP setting from DHCP to Static.
6. Now select the IP Address.
7. Save the changes and connect to the network.
The Laptop Connects to OnePlus 8T Hotspot But No Internet
You must be downloading apps, images, or files daily on the smartphone. The daily usage of the smartphone can store lots of malicious data in the device. You can reset the smartphone memory to clean up the entire phone data. It will change the default settings, and improve the performance of the phone. Here are the steps to factory reset the device memory.
Reset via Settings:
1. Select the setting menu on the phone.
2. Click on the Backup and Reset Button.
3. Now check the box that permits you to back-up your Google Account.
4. Click on Reset Factory Settings.
5. Click Reset Phone.
Factory Reset via Recovery Mode:
1. Make sure that you have kept the backup of all data on the phone.
2. Now turn off the smartphone and connect to charging.
3. Press and hold the Power and Volume down buttons.
4. Then release and again hold the Power button. Remember you are holding the Volume down button.
5. Press the Volume down button a few times to highlight ‘Delete all user data and reset all settings’.
6. Click on the Ok button to confirm.
7. Press the Power button to factory reset.
So, these were the methods to fix the OnePlus 8T Internet Hotspot Not Working Issue. Hotspot issue is mostly software related issue, which you can solve without the help of any professional technician. Sometimes, the issue occurs due to physical damage. In this case, you can take the device to the company’s service center. I hope you enjoyed reading this article ad it helped you to fix the smartphone problem. Don’t forget to share this post with your friends, facing the same OnePlus issue.