Easy Contents Jumps
- Fix OnePlus 8T GPS Issue With Accuracy Calibration Problems
Fix OnePlus 8T GPS Issue With Accuracy Calibration Problems
In Short By Gadget Features To Fix OnePlus 8T GPS Issue With Accuracy Calibration Problems
Also, check the network signal, which is equally essential for GPS navigation. At first, check if the device can locate your location. If it takes longer than 2 minutes to find your location, then follow these methods to Fix the OnePlus 8T GPS Issue With Accuracy Calibration Problems.
User Review( votes)
We all depend on a smartphone for day-to-day activities. We all need a smartphone for calculations, making notes, calling someone, presentations, and essentially GPS navigation. You cannot imagine a life without a smartphone now. It is difficult to tackle your busy schedule without a smartphone. There are many reasons why you require a smartphone. However, the phone is just a waste if one of its features fails to assist you in a difficult time.
You can’t take a physical map while driving or exploring a new city. Hence, the smartphone helps you with navigation through a GPS sensor. You will never know the essentiality of the GPS feature unless it’s not working accurately. Many of you rely on the GPS feature for navigation in an unfamiliar place. It will be a troubling task asking destinations to people whom you have never met. These people can land you in trouble as you cannot believe everyone easily.
Smartphone employs lots of technologies that sometimes result in fails and glitches. Not only Android but iOS users have also faced such software glitches. Phones have come a long way since we got our first cell phone. Now, there are unlimited smartphone brands in the world with lots of models. With the development of new features each day, smartphone companies failing to offer the best phone performance to their users. The experience that every phone has a GPS sensor built-in suggests that you never have to ask strangers for locations again.
You require an internet connection to explore the GPS service. So, make sure that the smartphone has a working internet connection via mobile data or Wifi. Also, check the network signal, which is equally essential for GPS navigation. At first, check if the device can locate your location. If it takes longer than 2 minutes to find your location, then follow these methods to Fix the OnePlus 8T GPS Issue With Accuracy Calibration Problems.
Fix OnePlus 8T GPS Issue With Accuracy Calibration Problems
Fix OnePlus 8T GPS Accuracy
First of all, force reboot the smartphone. It is the most effective solution for all your smartphone issues. When you use the high accuracy mode of the smartphone, the GPS performance improves highly. The device will locate your phone location efficiently. Enable the option from the settings of your phone using these steps.
High accuracy Mode:
1. Navigate to Settings of the smartphone.
2. Now, tap on the Location option.
3. Turn on the location services.
4. Select the Mode option and change it to High accuracy.
5. Your phone must have a working Wi-Fi or cellular data connectivity to run the GPS feature.
Fix OnePlus 8T Poor GPS
Poor GPS connection can occur when the device doesn’t receive a full network signal. It can also arise when the device has a faulty Google Maps application. A glitch in the app can result in GPS not working at all. You can try other GPS apps that are alternatives for the Google Maps navigation app. These third-party apps are available in the Google Play store.
GPS Status tool:
1. At first, set the GPS to high accuracy.
2. Switch on WiFi and Bluetooth.
3. Open Google Maps in the background.
4. Now, open the GPS Status tool.
5. Clear Google Maps data.
GPS Essentials app:
1. After installing, open GPS Essentials.
2. Tap on the Compass option.
3. Hold your phone and turn it vertically three times, when holding the phone flat. Slowly accomplish this step.
4. Revolve your phone from front to reverse vertically three times.
5. Flip the device horizontally three times from front to rear.
Fix OnePlus 8T GPS Calibration
You must have calibrated the apps if you have ever used an old Android operation system. It eventually smoothens the smartphone performance. However, the present phones don’t have a calibration option built-in. You can use a third-party app to calibrate the GPS feature. It will also help you to monitor the status of the built-in GPS feature.
GPS Status & Toolbox:
1. Go to the Google Play Store.
2. Here search for the GPS Status & Toolbox in the play store.
3. Now click on the Install button and set it for the complete installation.
4. From the Home screen, open the downloaded application.
5. Go to Menu > Tools > Manage A-GPS State.
6. Choose Reset options.
Fix Google Maps Not Working
You can update the GPS app from the Google Play Store. Updating the app will remove minor glitches from the app. You can also try removing your Gmail account from the play store linked with the GPS app. You can efficiently restore the data anytime you want. It will not make any changes to the data of your smartphone.
Update GPS app:
1. Navigate to the Play Store.
2. Tap on the three dots that appear in the drop-down menu.
3. Select My Apps and Games.
4. Search for Google Maps.
5. Tap Update and wait for it to complete.
6. You need an internet connection to update the map.
Remove Google Account:
1. Log out from the Google Maps app on the device.
2. Navigate to Settings and select Accounts.
3. Change to Google and pick the Google account linked to the Google Maps app.
4. Tap on the ‘Menu’ that is three vertical dots.
5. Select the ‘Remove account’ option.
6. Restart the smartphone and visit ‘Settings.’
7. Select ‘Apps’ > ‘All’ > Google Maps app.
8. Tap on ‘Clear data and uninstall updates.’
9. Reboot the device and visit Google Play Store again.
10. Tap on Google Maps app and install the updates.
11. Add the Google Account again.
Fix GPS Not Working
Safe mode turns off the third-party apps and other network-related features of the phone. Your device runs safely in safe mode. You can observe the phone in safe mode for a few hours and check if it’s working like before. In most cases, safe mode solves the issues of Android devices. Follow these methods accurately to run the phone in safe mode. You can also check the battery saver mode, which disables GPS features.
1. Wake up the screen and hold the Power key.
2. Hold the Power button to turn off, which appears on the screen.
3. You will get an option that asks you to allow Safe Mode.
4. Tap on Ok to confirm.
5. You will see the safe mode appears at the bottom of the screen.
6. Now check the phone if it’s on safe mode for two days.
7. If the phone is working well in safe mode, then delete the app you find is the cause of the battery issue.
8. After you have uninstalled the app, now restart the device.
Battery Saver Mode:
1. Change its settings on a smartphone.
2. Click on the Battery screen option in the Settings.
3. On the Battery screen, tap the menu button.
4. Tap “Battery saver.”
5. To manually allow Battery Saver mode, visit the Battery Saver screen.
6. Toggle the option in Battery Saver mode.
7. To turn off Battery Saver mode, pull down your notification shade and tap “Turn Off Battery Saver”.
Improve OnePlus GPS Performance
You must charge the smartphone and check the internet connection before using GPS navigation. Many Android users ignore the updates sent by the manufacturer. You must know that these updates come with bug fixes and new features essential for your phone. Check if the latest updates are available for your smartphone by following these steps.
1. Go to the Settings menu on the smartphone.
2. Tap on System updates.
3. Now check for the update option.
4. If you get the update available, then click OK to confirm.
5. Tap on the Download option.
6. Wait for the update to complete, then restart the device.
Fix GPS Signal Lost Via Recovery Mode
Recovery mode can assist you to fix the GPS and other connectivity problems. Firstly, clear the cache of the phone that occupies too much space in the memory, and consists of malicious files. These siles are downloaded while browsing the internet. At last, you have to factory reset the smartphone, which will remove all the data of the smartphone memory.
Wipe cache partition:
1. Press and hold the power button to turn off the smartphone.
2. Press and hold the Volume Up along with Power keys until your Android or company’s logo appears on the screen.
3. Release both the buttons.
4. In recovery mode, you will see several options, you have to select ‘Wipe cache partition’ using the Power key.
5. You can navigate from the recovery mode by restarting the device.
1. Make sure that you have kept the backup of all data on the phone.
2. Now turn off the smartphone and connect to charging.
3. Press and hold the Power and Volume down buttons.
4. Then release and again hold the Power button. Remember you are holding the Volume down button.
5. Press the Volume down button a few times to highlight ‘Delete all user data and reset all settings’.
6. Click on the Ok button to confirm.
7. Press the Power button to factory reset.
So, this was a full troubleshooting guide to Fix the OnePlus 8T GPS Issue With Accuracy Calibration Problems. GPS issues can occur after smartphone physical damage. If you have dropped the phone on a hard surface, then it might get damaged. You can contact the smartphone service center before another issue arises. I hope you liked this article, and it helped you to fix the smartphone glitch. Don’t forget to share this post with your friends and relatives, facing the same OnePlus problem.