Easy Contents Jumps
Fix Motorola Edge Internet Hotspot Not Working Issue
In Short By Gadget Features To Fix Motorola Edge Internet Hotspot Not Working Issue
Today we are talking about how to Fix Motorola Edge Internet Hotspot Not Working to solve the issue. Wifi connectivity feature comes with almost every Android smartphone. For internet access, you can easily connect your laptop with a smartphone via Wifi connectivity. You can use hassle-free internet service with a smartphone hotspot feature. However, it is common to notice software bugs and errors while connecting Wifi or hotspot connectivity.
User Review( vote)
Wifi connectivity feature comes with almost every Android smartphone. For internet access, you can easily connect your laptop with a smartphone via Wifi connectivity. You can use hassle-free internet service with a smartphone hotspot feature. However, it is common to notice software bugs and errors while connecting Wifi or hotspot connectivity.
If you have purchased an Android device such as a smartphone or tablet, then it is common to experience such malware. Connectivity problems are common in the Android platform since it was developed. Although, the user-friendly nature and customizations, have attracted lots of smartphone users. A smartphone is a must for every person nowadays.
Devices with the poor network or no internet get stuck with their works. Internet hotspot not connecting is one of the most reported issues by Android users. Sometimes, non-usage of a hotspot for long-duration also tends to exhibit problems. The anti-virus installed in the device can also lead to connection errors. The nature of protection can prevent connectivity as well.
You can check the antivirus terms and conditions or simply uninstall it. While using the internet via a mobile hotspot, data charges are recovered as per the monthly data plan you have selected. You can also check the connection, use the internet via a modem or Wi-Fi. Now connect to a device and check the internet connectivity status.
There are many reasons for hotspot not working. In this article, we will discuss a few effective methods to fix Motorola Edge Internet Hotspot Not Working Issue. If you have any queries relating to this post or other smartphone fixes, feel free to contact Gadget Features Forum. Now, let’s get started with the first method.
Fix Motorola Edge Internet Hotspot Not Working Issue
Fix Motorola Edge Hotspot Not Working
Most of the users get confused between Wifi and hotspot. The device which provides internet must have active internet connectivity like mobile data. The device which needs to be connected requires Wifi connectivity. If you have brought a new smartphone like Motorola Edge, then you might be confused with the smartphone’s settings. These steps will help you to securely connect an available hotspot connection.
1. Visit the Settings of the smartphone.
2. Select the More button at the bottom of the Wireless & networks.
3. Enter the Tethering and portable hotspot.
4. Select the Setup Wi-Fi hotspot option.
5. Enter a Network name.
6. Select a Security type which can be WPA2 AES. You can also select the None option if you only want to provide internet to friends.
7. Enter a required Password.
8. Make sure that the mobile data is connected while you connect via hotspot. Your internet won’t work if it is turned off.
9. Drag the notification bar.
10. Tap on the mobile data or cellular data option.
Now, we will proceed to solve the connectivity error. We all are aware of battery saver mode. It usually starts when the device doesn’t have enough battery charge. Although, the users don’t know that battery saver mode disables many some essential connectivity features like Wifi and Bluetooth. The reason is for preventing the device from more battery consumption.
Battery Saver mode:
1. Change its settings on a smartphone.
2. Click on the Battery screen option in the Settings.
3. On the Battery screen, tap the menu button.
4. Tap “Battery saver.”
5. To manually allow Battery Saver mode, visit the Battery Saver screen.
6. Toggle the option in Battery Saver mode.
7. To turn off Battery Saver mode, pull down your notification shade and tap “Turn Off Battery Saver”.
Motorola Edge Hotspot Not Connecting to the Laptop
The cache is unwanted data stored in the smartphone while browsing. The apps which require internet access downloads some unnecessary files that are not useful for you. These files can prevent the hotspot connection. Recovery mode is a hidden section of almost every Android smartphone, which has all the solutions to your problems. It solves almost every issue related to the software. You can visit the recovery mode to clear the cache of your smartphone.
Wipe Cache Partition in recovery mode:
1. Press and hold the power button to turn off the smartphone.
2. Press and hold the Volume Up along with Power keys until you Android or company’s logo appears on the screen.
3. Release both the buttons.
4. In recovery mode, you will see several options, you have to select ‘Wipe cache partition’ using the Power key.
5. You can navigate from the recovery mode by restarting the device.
Fix Motorola Edge WiFi Hotspot But No Internet
As you all know, when you use the internet using hotspot the data is reduced from the connected device. Hence, some device has limit data by default, which will stop internet access after reaching the set limit. To fix this issue, you have to visit the settings of your device and follow these steps carefully. You can also disable the limit feature if you don’t want any hurdles.
Limit Data option:
1. Navigate to the Home screen and click on the Settings icon.
2. Now, tap on the “Data usage”.
3. You will notice the “Limit mobile data usage” option.
4. Drag the limit range or just toggle this option off so that it won’t interrupt you to use internet access.
5. Reboot the smartphone.
Forget network option will clear any minor software glitch in the connection. The method also used to fix the application malware problems. Must try the forget network option. It will not cause any issue with the data stored in the device.
1. Navigate to the settings menu.
2. Click on the WiFi option.
3. Select the desired network.
4. Now you will see an option, “Forget” button so, tap on it.
5. Enter the details again and start your internet browsing.
Fix Motorola Edge Tethering Not Working
A system update is another option of every smartphone. It comes with bug fixes and new features as well. However, most of the users ignore the updates as it doesn’t bring many attractive features. If you have skipped any recent software update sent by the company, then check using the below steps. You must have an active internet connection while updating the device software version.
1. Your phone must have a good Wi-Fi Network. Without the internet, you cannot install the update.
2. Navigate to the Settings.
3. Tap on About device.
4. Now, tap System Updates.
5. Search for Updates in the settings.
6. If updates are available, then download and install the latest Android version.
7. The smartphone will restart after the installation process.
The Laptop Connects to smartphone Hotspot But No Internet
To get any kind of internet access, the device requires an IP address. It is necessary to set an accurate network mode to enjoy hassle-free internet browsing. You will get these options in your smartphone settings easily. Follow these steps to execute modify network feature.
1. Open the Wi-Fi connection in the Settings section of the phone.
2. Now, search for the specific Android Hotspot network.
3. Long press on the WiFi network and tap on the Advanced Settings.
4. The Advanced setting is also present at the Modify Network option.
5. Change the IP setting from DHCP to Static.
6. Now select the IP Address.
7. Save the changes and connect to the network.
Factory Reset via Recovery mode
A factory reset is always known to fix every phone issues instantly. However, not everyone like this method as it removes all the data and files stored in the smartphone. Although, with development in technology, you can always back up the files and restore the data without any difficulty. These steps will assist you to factory reset in recovery mode.
1. Make sure that you have kept the backup of all data of the phone.
2. Now turn off the smartphone and connect to charging.
3. Press and hold the Power and Volume down buttons.
4. Then release and again hold the Power button. Remember you are holding the Volume down button.
5. Press the Volume down button a few times to highlight ‘Delete all user data and reset all settings’.
6. Click on the Ok button to confirm.
7. Press the Power button to factory reset.
So, this was the full troubleshooting guide to Fix Motorola Edge Internet Hotspot Not Working Issue. Connectivity issues can occur anytime during the lifetime of the device. These methods can effectively fix the connectivity issue. You can also use these methods to solve the hotspot problem of another smartphone model.
Although, the steps might differ. If you still experience the issue, contact the smartphone service centre. I hope you liked this article and it helped you to Hotspot issue. Don’t forget to share it with your friends who are facing the same issue.