Easy Contents Jumps
- Fix LG W30 Volume & Power Buttons Not Working
Fix LG W30 Volume & Power Buttons Not Working
In Short By Gadget Features To Fix LG W30 Volume & Power Buttons Not Working
Fix LG W30 Volume & Power Buttons Not Working. These methods are some alternatives if the power and volume buttons seem unresponsive. They said that pressing the volume up or down they notice buttons not working at all. After pressing the buttons, they cannot increase or decrease the sound and just like this LG W30 seems to have the same problem.
User Review( votes)
Some Android smartphone users have reported an issue with the volume and power buttons. They said that pressing the volume up or down they notice buttons not working at all. After pressing the buttons, they cannot increase or decrease the sound and just like this LG W30 seems to have the same problem. Some of then even complained that the button is completely unresponsive along with the power button not working. The users get confused whether its a hardware issue or a simple software glitch.
However, in most of the cases, it seems to be a hardware issue. Before you visit the Android service store, you can first try some efficient steps which help to fix a bug in the software or clear the dirt and dust from the volume buttons or power button. Cleaning the device regularly can prevent future problems. You can regularly clean the charging port, power and volume button as dirt can jam it. Soon after noticing the issue, you must restart the device.
As you all know, Android 9 is here and it is running in all latest smartphone handset. At first, you are required to check whether the device buttons are not working due a hardware or a software problem. In some cases, the users report that the volume buttons have stopped operating after an update to the Android software version. Minor Google apps update also causes issues are the device has to restart. If restarting solves the problem, then it’s great, but if it doesn’t, you must solve it yourself.
The basic method to check if the buttons are working or not is by capturing a screenshot via the power and volume down buttons. Just press both the buttons at the same time. If you can take a screenshot, then the device has a software glitch. The buttons are not working only while you are trying to reboot the device or increase or decrease the sound. In this article, we will discuss the methods fix LG W30 Volume & Power Buttons Not Working. If you have any issue relating to another smartphone model, feel free to contact Gadget Features Forum.
Fix LG W30 Volume & Power Buttons Not Working
Volume Button Not Working
If you have explored all the applications of the smartphone, then you might know about Google Talkback app. It is an app which comes already integrated into the device. So, what is the use of this app? Some of you might know about this app, but many of the users didn’t. The app is basically for visually impaired users. The app assists with verbal feedback to the owners regarding the activities and progress on the device. It essentially supports visually impaired users to use their devices.
With some benefits, this application is also a reason for the volume button issue. To solve this problem, you have to clear the cache of the application. You can also clear the system cache to fix the software problem. If the app is not useful for you, then uninstall it immediately. Follow these steps to clear cache and disable the app.
Wipe cache partition:
1. Press and hold the power button to turn off the smartphone.
2. Press and hold the Volume Up along with Power keys until you Android or company’s logo appears on the screen.
3. Release both the buttons.
4. In recovery mode, you will see several options, you have to select ‘Wipe cache partition’ using the Power key.
5. You can navigate from the recovery mode by restarting the device.
Disable Talkback app:
1. Visit the Settings of the device.
2. Select the Apps/Application Manager.
3. Tap the three-dot option at the top-right corner and select the System or Show system.
4. Locate the Talkback app from the list.
5. Tap on the app name.
6. On the App info screen, select the Disable button.
7. Reboot the smartphone as usual.
Power Button Not Working
Now, proceed to another method, if the above didn’t work for you. You have to manage the Switch Access off. After that update the software version which is extremely essential for the device to operate smoothly. The following methods will assist you to Switch Access off and update the device via setting if you have ignored any update previously.
1. Visit Settings section of the smartphone.
2. Select the Accessibility option.
3. Under Accessibility, you have to search for the option.
4. Select and disable the Switch Access option.
Update the device software:
1. Your phone must have a good Wi-Fi Network. Without the internet, you cannot install the update.
2. Navigate to the Settings.
3. Tap on About device.
4. Now, tap System Updates.
5. Search for Updates in the settings.
6. If updates are available, then download and install the latest Android version.
7. The smartphone will restart after the installation process.
If you notice that the power button is physically damaged, then it is impossible to turn off/ on the device. In this case, you can contact the company service centre or download a third-party app. This method works for some users only. Google Play Store has many applications which can allow you to remotely use the power button. These apps let the owners renew the device power button usability to the Volume button.
You can use apps like Gravity Screen, Proximity actions and others to enjoy gesture features on the device. Some of the devices might not support gesture feature as they lack the required sensor. The bitter truth is that the third-party app can be the culprit as well. You probably faced the issue soon after installing a third-party app. So, you have to uninstall the app which you think is the culprit for making the faulty. Safe mode can help you in this case.
1. Press and hold the Power Key to turn off the smartphone.
2. Press and hold the Volume Down along with Power keys.
3. Release the Power Key when the Android logo appears on the screen.
4. Press and hold the Power key again along with Volume Down key which you are already holding.
5. The phone will start in recovery mode, then release both the keys.
6. You will notice an option which will ask you to enable Safe Mode.
7. Click on Ok to confirm.
8. You will see the safe mode appears at the bottom of the screen
Increase/Decrease Volume If Volume Button Not Working
If you want to urgently use the volume button, and it’s not working, then you will get worried. You can design the sound setting shortcut in the home screen which is somewhat difficult, but not impossible. You have to follow these steps carefully to formulate the volume button.
1. Navigate to the home screen, press and hold at any area of the screen to get the Add widgets option.
2. Now, you have to search for Settings. Hold and drag it to the home screen.
3. You will notice a new screen and select the Settings shortcut.
4. Tap on Sound option.
5. A Sound shortcut appears on the home screen.
6. Tap on the volume shortcut and adjust the sound.
7. You can use Microsoft Launcher if required.
Fix Jammed & Broken Volume/Power Button
Testing the power and volume up and down buttons are not easier than it looks. Although, you can examine the volume down button by pressing the power button and the volume down button at the same time. After that hold for about ten seconds. You will notice that the device has a soft restart. It won’t remove the device data so, you don’t have to back up. If the device restarts, the volume button doesn’t have any physical damage.
Trash held under the buttons can also make the buttons unresponsive. The button requires to link with the conductor plate for operating. You can clean the buttons, by pressing it several times or use a low suction vacuum cleaner to take out the debris, lint and dust out. After this, move to the next step.
LG W30 Volume Button Replacement
If none of the above methods worked and you think that the buttons are damaged, then contact the service centre to get it replaced. You can also try the factory reset option in recovery mode if you don’t want to waste money in the replacement of buttons. Back up the data and factory reset using the following steps.
Factory reset via recovery mode:
1. Remember to backup all data of the phone.
2. Turn off the smartphone and connect to charging.
3. Press and hold the Power and Volume down buttons.
4. Release and again hold the Power button. Make sure you are holding the Volume down button.
5. Press the Volume down button a few times to highlight ‘Delete all user data and reset all settings’.
6. To confirm tap on Yes.
7. Press the Power button to factory reset.
So, this was the full troubleshooting guide to Fix LG W30 Volume & Power Buttons Not Working. These methods are some alternatives if the power and volume buttons seem unresponsive. You can share this post with your friends if they are facing the same problem with their LG smartphone. I hope you liked this post and it helped you to fix the smartphone’s physical button issue.