Easy Contents Jumps
Fix LG W10 Internet Hotspot Not Working Issue (Solved)
In Short By Gadget Features Fix LG W10 Internet Hotspot Not Working Issue (Solved)
Full troubleshooting method to fix LG W10 Internet Hotspot Not Working Issue. If the phone has a hardware issue and these methods don’t work, then contact the service centre immediately. Although, these methods are effective to fix software problems effortlessly. I hope you liked this article and it helped you to fix the hotspot issue.
User Review( vote)
The hotspot is the most essential feature for connecting and using internet network these days. No one will buy a smartphone which is not integrated with hotspot feature. It is the ultimate saviour when you run out of data and urgently need an internet connection. The reason can be many like you have to send an urgent message to your boss or need to video call your family or friend. However, having a hotspot feature on your phone is not enough when you cannot use it.
We cannot resist that Wifi is the most convenient method of using the internet. Although, you cannot take your router everywhere you go. Now, some of you will argue that mobile data can be used everywhere but, there might be some situation where data or signal is not available. In this case, hotspot becomes important. The hotspot can, fortunately, share internet network wirelessly to Wi-Fi enabled device.
Approximately, five people can easily connect to an Android device hotspot. If your Android smartphone doesn’t have the hotspot feature, they might be using an older version software or phone. LG W10 is the latest smartphone model in the gadget market which is extremely successful. Some people utilise their phone as a Wi-Fi device while others link their computers or laptops to their phone through WiFi for internet access.
The hotspot can be used in different ways for convenient internet access. Many Android users experience hotspot issues at it begin misbehaving. However, this is a common Android issue which can be fixed easily. If your device has a hardware problem, then you need help from a professional person. In this article, we will discuss the methods to fix LG W10 Internet Hotspot Not Working Issue. If you have any issue regarding other phone brands, feel free to contact Gadget Features Forum.
Fix LG W10 Internet Hotspot Not Working Issue
Hotspot not working
It might sound silly for some of you, but many users indeed struggle while connecting hotspot. If you don’t know how to connect with a hotspot network, then you will land with an error on the device screen. Although, it is not a big deal using hotspot as it is just like a regular Wifi connection. The hotspot feature can be enabled by using the following steps.
1. Visit the Settings of the smartphone.
2. Select the More button at the bottom of the Wireless & networks.
3. Enter the Tethering and portable hotspot.
4. Select the Setup Wi-Fi hotspot option.
5. Enter a Network name.
6. Select a Security type which can be WPA2 AES. You can also select the None option if you only want to provide internet to friends.
7. Enter a required Password.
8. Make sure that the mobile data is connected while you connect via hotspot. Your internet won’t work if it is turned off.
9. Drag the notification bar.
10. Tap on the mobile data or cellular data option.
Hotspot not connecting to laptop
Battery saver mode is a feature which automatically turns on when the battery level of the smartphone is low. Before connecting hotspot makes sure that the device has enough battery to use the internet as the feature consume too much battery power.
Remember, you must not use the hotspot feature while the phone is charging as it reduces the battery performance eventually. The hotspot won’t work when the battery saver mode is on, so follow these steps to disable the option.
Battery Saver mode:
1. Change its settings on a smartphone.
2. Click on the Battery screen option in the Settings.
3. On the Battery screen, tap the menu button.
4. Tap “Battery saver.”
5. To manually allow Battery Saver mode, visit the Battery Saver screen.
6. Toggle the option in Battery Saver mode.
7. To turn off Battery Saver mode, pull down your notification shade and tap “Turn Off Battery Saver”.
Hotspot no internet
If you have used the hotspot feature earlier, then you might know about the limit data option. It is generally used to avoid extra data usage for the connected devices. The device must have sufficient data pack to connect with the hotspot device via Wifi. You have to increase the limit or simply disable the option via settings of the smartphone.
The forget network option is another option which can help you to fix the hotspot issue easily. If you cannot connect to a specific device, then forget the connection. You can reenter the password and connect again. The following steps will assist you to forget the network.
Limit Data option:
1. Navigate to the Home screen and click on the Settings icon.
2. Now, tap on the “Data usage”.
3. You will notice the “Limit mobile data usage” option.
4. Drag the limit range or just toggle this option off so that it won’t interrupt you to use internet access.
5. Reboot the smartphone.
1. Navigate to the settings menu.
2. Click on the WiFi option.
3. Select the desired network.
4. Now you will see an option, “Forget” button so, tap on it.
5. Enter the details again and start your internet browsing.
Tethering not working
Updates are the most important feature of any Android device. Your device needs to run smoothly. Although, it doesn’t bring changes in features of your smartphone which becomes a reason for ignoring updates. If you have dismissed a software update, then it must be the reason for your device issue. Updates remove software bug which causes most of the connectivity issues.
You can also clear the cache of the smartphone which are stored automatically in the device. The cache is downloaded while browsing. If you haven’t cleared the cache from a long time, then wipe cache partition in recovery mode can help you. Follow these methods to wipe cache partition.
1. Your phone must have a good Wi-Fi Network. Without the internet, you cannot install the update.
2. Navigate to the Settings.
3. Tap on About device.
4. Now, tap System Updates.
5. Search for Updates in the settings.
6. If updates are available, then download and install the latest Android version.
7. The smartphone will restart after the installation process.
Wipe Cache Partition in recovery mode:
1. Press and hold the power button to turn off the smartphone.
2. Press and hold the Volume Up along with Power keys until you Android or company’s logo appears on the screen.
3. Release both the buttons.
4. In recovery mode, you will see several options, you have to select ‘Wipe cache partition’ using the Power key.
5. You can navigate from the recovery mode by restarting the device.
Laptop connects to Hotspot but no internet
An accurate IP address is essential to connect the internet via Wifi connection. You can use modify network option to set the IP address. The last and most working method to fix the connectivity issue is factory reset. If you have downloaded any malicious apps, files, or folders in your device, then it will remove all. You don’t have to worry about the existing images and videos as you can back up those in your Google accounts or laptop.
1. Open the Wi-Fi connection in the Settings section of the phone.
2. Now, search for the specific Android Hotspot network.
3. Long press on the WiFi network and tap on the Advanced Settings.
4. The Advanced setting is also present at the Modify Network option.
5. Change the IP setting from DHCP to Static.
6. Now select the IP Address.
7. Save the changes and connect to the network.
1. Make sure that you have kept the backup of all data of the phone.
2. Now turn off the smartphone and connect to charging.
3. Press and hold the Power and Volume down buttons.
4. Then release and again hold the Power button. Remember you are holding the Volume down button.
5. Press the Volume down button a few times to highlight ‘Delete all user data and reset all settings’.
6. Click on the Ok button to confirm.
7. Press the Power button to factory reset.
- Fix LG W10 Battery Charging Issue And Switching On
- Fix LG W10 Internet Hotspot Not Working Issue (Solved)
- Fix LG W10 GPS Issue With Accuracy Calibration Problems
- Fix LG W10 Mobile Data Not Working (Problem Solved)
- Fix LG W10 Battery Draining Issue (Problem Solved)
- Fix LG W10 Screen With Display Problem (Problem Solved)
- Fix LG W10 WiFi Connection Problem With Internet (Issue Solved)
- Fix LG W10 Keyboard Issues With Settings (Solved)
- Fix LG W10 Incoming Outgoing Call Drop And Mic Issue
So, this was the Full troubleshooting method to fix LG W10 Internet Hotspot Not Working Issue. If the phone has a hardware issue and these methods don’t work, then contact the service centre immediately. Although, these methods are effective to fix software problems effortlessly. I hope you liked this article and it helped you to fix the hotspot issue. You can also share it with your friends and family who are facing the same problem with their LG handset.