Easy Contents Jumps
Fix Google Pixel 5/ 5XL Internet Hotspot Not Working Issue
In Short By Gadget Features To Fix Google Pixel 5/ 5XL Internet Hotspot Not Working Issue
Fix Google Pixel 5/ 5XL Internet Hotspot Not Working Issue. Connectivity issues can also occur due to a network issue. You must check the network strength before using these troubleshooting methods. If you still face issue while connecting hotspot, contact the brand’s service centre. I hope you liked this article and it helped you to fix the smartphone problem. Don’t forget to share this post with your friends who always makes hotspot issue excuses to not share the internet.
User Review( vote)
Wi-Fi data-sharing feature is common in every smartphone nowadays including hotspots. It is the simplest way to connect various devices with a single internet connection. More than six smartphones can be connected at a time without comprising the internet speed. You can also link your laptop (with hotspot access) and use regular mobile data to enjoy high-speed internet. Using a hotspot, a smartphone user can turn the phone into an internet provider device.
However, this connectivity process can commonly get affected by bugs and glitches which decreases the performance of the phone. The smartphone starts giving the worst experience when a feature is affected bu malicious bug. Connecting a hotspot network of bug affected devices also results in poor performance. Who doesn’t like free internet access? There are many places where you get a free hotspot network and connect immediately. Although, some of you aren’t aware that unknown networks can be dangerous sometimes.
Imagine a situation, where you run out of data pack and need to send an urgent Whatsapp message. In this case, you can ask your friend to give you hotspot access via Wifi, but you cannot connect in spite of trying again and again. It can be annoying if your Android smartphone doesn’t connect properly with other devices or vice versa. Google’s previous flagship, Pixel 4 had severe connectivity issues including hotspot problems. The new update might solve the issue, but not for all the Pixel models.
The search engine company, Google is getting prepared to launch the next-gen flagship model, Pixel 5 and Pixel 5 XL. Hence, it is essential to fix the previous issues with the devices. The fans have huge expectations from the phone, but it isn’t confirmed if the upcoming model will be free from glitches. In this article, we will discuss the methods to fix Google Pixel 5/ 5XL Internet Hotspot Not Working Issue. If you have any issues regarding other smartphone models, feel free to contact Gadget Features Forum.
Fix Google Pixel 5/ 5XL Internet Hotspot Not Working Issue
Hotspot not working
As you all know, hotspot works via Wifi connectivity. You can access another device internet through turning on Wifi. Sometimes, the device can’t detect the connection. You can check the hotspot settings. Some of you might be using the hotspot for the first time. They might face trouble using the feature. Using these steps, you can easily connect to any hotspot connection available.
1. Visit the Settings of the smartphone.
2. Select the More button at the bottom of the Wireless & networks.
3. Enter the Tethering and portable hotspot.
4. Select the Setup Wi-Fi hotspot option.
5. Enter a Network name.
6. Select a Security type which can be WPA2 AES. You can also select the None option if you only want to provide internet to friends.
7. Enter a required Password.
8. Make sure that the mobile data is connected while you connect via hotspot. Your internet won’t work if it is turned off.
9. Drag the notification bar.
10. Tap on the mobile data or cellular data option.
Hotspot not connecting to laptop
This might sound silly, but most of you reboot the smartphone again and again after facing any trouble with the device. Although, this is necessary after an issue as it removes immediate bugs affected in the device. Battery saver mode automatically turns on when the smartphone battery level is low. This feature turns off the connectivity as it reduces the battery. You can charge the device before using or simply turn it off using the below-given steps.
Battery Saver mode:
1. Change its settings on a smartphone.
2. Click on the Battery screen option in the Settings.
3. On the Battery screen, tap the menu button.
4. Tap “Battery saver.”
5. To manually allow Battery Saver mode, visit the Battery Saver screen.
6. Toggle the option in Battery Saver mode.
7. To turn off Battery Saver mode, pull down your notification shade and tap “Turn Off Battery Saver”.
Hotspot no internet
Your smartphone has certain options in settings which needs to be checked for better internet browsing experience. The options include a data limit. The internet will automatically turn off when it reaches the set data limit. In this case, turn off the data limit or increase it using the bar. Some Pixel users have reported that they cannot connect to a specific device. So, you can use the Forget Network option which removes the data of the network. You can connect again after executing the steps.
Limit Data option:
1. Navigate to the Home screen and click on the Settings icon.
2. Now, tap on the “Data usage”.
3. You will notice the “Limit mobile data usage” option.
4. Drag the limit range or just toggle this option off so that it won’t interrupt you to use internet access.
5. Reboot the smartphone.
1. Navigate to the settings menu.
2. Click on the WiFi option.
3. Select the desired network.
4. Now you will see an option, “Forget” button so, tap on it.
5. Enter the details again and start your internet browsing.
Tethering not working
In the next method, you have to update the Android OS. Many of the Pixel users skip the updates which bring software bugs. It is essential to update the device OS when it is available. Google has recently produced new software update for Pixel users which you can install using these steps. The other thing which you have to do to fix the hotspot issue is, wipe cache partition. Your phone might have stored cache which can be malicious. It must be cleared regularly to enjoy hassle-free activities.
1. Your phone must have a good Wi-Fi Network. Without the internet, you cannot install the update.
2. Navigate to the Settings.
3. Tap on About device.
4. Now, tap System Updates.
5. Search for Updates in the settings.
6. If updates are available, then download and install the latest Android version.
7. The smartphone will restart after the installation process.
Wipe Cache Partition in recovery mode:
1. Press and hold the power button to turn off the smartphone.
2. Press and hold the Volume Up along with Power keys until you Android or company’s logo appears on the screen.
3. Release both the buttons.
4. In recovery mode, you will see several options, you have to select ‘Wipe cache partition’ using the Power key.
5. You can navigate from the recovery mode by restarting the device.
Laptop connects to hotspot but no internet
Modify Network is an option present in the Pixel settings which is known for improving the internet speed and solving other network-related issues. If none of the above methods works, the factory reset the device. It will clear all the data stored in the device which might be harming the overall performance of the phone. You can back up the file to restore after a factory reset.
1. Open the Wi-Fi connection in the Settings section of the phone.
2. Now, search for the specific Android Hotspot network.
3. Long press on the WiFi network and tap on the Advanced Settings.
4. The Advanced setting is also present at the Modify Network option.
5. Change the IP setting from DHCP to Static.
6. Now select the IP Address.
7. Save the changes and connect to the network.
1. Make sure that you have kept the backup of all data of the phone.
2. Now turn off the smartphone and connect to charging.
3. Press and hold the Power and Volume down buttons.
4. Then release and again hold the Power button. Remember you are holding the Volume down button.
5. Press the Volume down button a few times to highlight ‘Delete all user data and reset all settings’.
6. Click on the Ok button to confirm.
7. Press the Power button to factory reset.
So, this was the full troubleshooting guide to Fix Google Pixel 5/ 5XL Internet Hotspot Not Working Issue. Connectivity issues can also occur due to a network issue. You must check the network strength before using these troubleshooting methods. If you still face issue while connecting hotspot, contact the brand’s service centre. I hope you liked this article and it helped you to fix the smartphone problem. Don’t forget to share this post with your friends who always makes hotspot issue excuses to not share the internet.