Easy Contents Jumps
Fix Google Pixel 5/ 5XL GPS Issue With Accuracy Calibration Problems
In Short By Gadget Features To Fix Google Pixel 5/ 5XL GPS Issue With Accuracy Calibration Problems
Fix Google Pixel 5/ 5XL GPS Issue With Accuracy Calibration Problems. GPS issues are mostly software related which can occur due to inaccurate settings. These methods can effectively fix the issue. If you still face difficulty in using the feature, then contact the brand’s service center. I hope you liked this article and it helped you to fix the GPS issue. Don’t forget to share this post with your friends who are facing the same issue with the Pixel phone.
User Review( vote)
GPS is equipped in almost every smartphone these days. Nobody likes to be lost in an unknown region, where they are strangers. It can be difficult to hunt for locations asking the local peoples. It becomes extremely frustrating when you have to urgently reach a location. In these situations, you cannot carry a physical map with you to hunt for locations. GPS is the latest way to reach a location on time.
The are many peoples who love solo trips, but generally forgets the way for their hotels or rooms. GPS is beneficial to obtain real-time locations and spots. We can call it a blessing of technology for all the travelers. Every smartphone is integrated with a GPS sensor which is works with a navigational application. By default, Android devices come Google Maps installed for location and trackings. However, the android phone is affected by software bugs which influence the GPS feature.
After the recent update, the Pixel users have found that the GPS isn’t working at all. The GPS cannot locate the device location or it is too slow. If you own a Pixel phone and your GPS is not working properly, then it requires some troubleshooting methods. The users keep on rebooting the device but still, notice an error popping on the screen. Not only Google Maps, but GPS issue also affects some popular apps like Google Fit, Runkeeper, Strava, and Waze that use the feature to work.
How will you know if the GPS is not working? A normal GPS connection shows your location via Assisted-GPS technology in not more than 30 seconds. If it has an issue, then it might take more than 12 minutes to search but results in a failed error. In this article, we will fix Google Pixel 5/ 5XL GPS Issue With Accuracy Calibration Problems. If you have any queries relating to other brand smartphones, feel free to contact Gadget Features Forum.
Fix Google Pixel 5/ 5XL GPS Issue With Accuracy Calibration Problems
Fix GPS accuracy
Sometimes, GPS is working, but too slow. It doesn’t show accurate locations. You have to check if the device is showing it’s location accurately. If you get invalid results, then enable the high accuracy mode. It improves the accuracy of GPS results. This option is located in the smartphone setting which might be disabled by default.
High accuracy Mode:
1. Navigate to Settings of the smartphone.
2. Now, tap on the Location option.
3. Turn on the location services.
4. Select the Mode option and change it to High accuracy.
5. Your phone must have a working Wi-Fi or cellular data connectivity to run the GPS feature.
Conduct GPS calibration
If the built-in GPS doesn’t work, then you can download a third-party app from the Play store. There are various GPS apps in the app store, but you should be careful before installing them. As some apps come with malicious data which harms the device’s performance. These are a few options for GPS apps that can help you. Using these apps, you can calibrate the GPS feature as well.
GPS Status tool:
1. At first, set the GPS to high accuracy.
2. Switch on WiFi and Bluetooth.
3. Open Google Maps in the background.
4. Now, open the GPS Status tool.
5. Clear Google Maps data.
GPS Status & Toolbox:
1. Go to the Google Play Store.
2. Here search for the GPS Status & Toolbox in the play store.
3. Now click on the Install button and set for the complete installation.
4. From the Home screen, open the downloaded application.
5. Go to Menu > Tools > Manage A-GPS State.
6. Choose Reset options.
GPS Essentials app:
1. After installing, open GPS Essentials.
2. Tap on the Compass option.
3. Hold your phone and turn it vertically three times, when holding the phone flat. Slowly accomplish this step.
4. Revolve your phone from front to reverse vertically three times.
5. Flip the device horizontally three times from front to rear.
Google maps not working
If you are using Google maps for navigation and facing trouble while searching for a location, then then the app is outdated. Every app downloaded from the play store requires to be updated regularly to run smoothly. If updating didn’t work, then remove the Google account. You can add it back after removing it.
Update GPS app:
1. Navigate to the Play Store.
2. Tap on the three dots that appear in the drop-down menu.
3. Select My Apps and Games.
4. Search for Google Maps.
5. Tap Update and wait for it to complete.
6. You need an internet connection to update the map.
Remove Google Account:
1. Log out from the Google Maps app on the device.
2. Navigate to Settings and select Accounts.
3. Change to Google and pick the Google account linked to the Google Maps app.
4. Tap on the ‘Menu’ that is three vertical dots.
5. Select the ‘Remove account’ option.
6. Restart the smartphone and visit ‘Settings.’
7. Select ‘Apps’ > ‘All’ > Google Maps app.
8. Tap on ‘Clear data and uninstall updates.’
9. Reboot the device and visit Google Play Store again.
10. Tap on Google Maps app and install the updates.
11. Add the Google Account again.
GPS signal lost
Signal lost error most commonly displays when the device is receiving a poor signal. If other apps are working, but the problem is only with a specific app, safe mode can help you. Running the phone in safe mode disables all the third-party apps and connectivity features. If the GPS problem is due to a malicious third-party app, then the device will work in safe mode.
1. Wake up the screen and hold the Power key.
2. Hold the Power button to turn off which appears on the screen.
3. You will get an option that asks you to allow Safe Mode.
4. Tap on Ok to confirm.
5. You will see the safe mode appears at the bottom of the screen.
6. Now check the phone if it’s on safe mode for two days.
7. If the phone is working well in safe mode, then delete the app you find is the cause of the battery issue.
8. After you have uninstalled the app, now restart the device.
Most of you might have observed that the Battery Saver mode turns on automatically when the device has a low battery. This option disables all the activities which are responsible to decrease the battery level including GPS. So, you must check if this option is turned on. Charge the device or simply disable it by visiting settings.
1. Change its settings on a smartphone.
2. Click on the Battery screen option in the Settings.
3. On the Battery screen, tap the menu button.
4. Tap “Battery saver.”
5. To manually allow Battery Saver mode, visit the Battery Saver screen.
6. Toggle the option in Battery Saver mode.
7. To turn off Battery Saver mode, pull down your notification shade and tap “Turn Off Battery Saver”.
GPS not working
Pixel smartphones are the first device to get Android updates. If you have ignored any previous update, install it now. Updates come with bug fixes that are effective in solving most of the smartphone issues. You can also clear the malicious cache in recovery mode which not only acquires extra memory space but also affects the device performance.
1. Go to the Settings menu on the smartphone.
2. Tap on System updates.
3. Now check for update option.
4. If you get the update available, then click OK to confirm.
5. Tap on the Download option.
6. Wait for the update to complete, then restart the device.
Wipe cache partition:
1. Press and hold the power button to turn off the smartphone.
2. Press and hold the Volume Up along with Power keys until your Android or company’s logo appears on the screen.
3. Release both the buttons.
4. In recovery mode, you will see several options, you have to select ‘Wipe cache partition’ using the Power key.
5. You can navigate from the recovery mode by restarting the device.
Solve Poor GPS Issue
A factory reset can rapidly fix all your smartphone problems which occur due to software glitch. It removes all the data and files stored in the smartphone memory. Although, you don’t have to use this method if the above steps worked. Before resetting the device, back up the device’s data.
1. Make sure that you have kept the backup of all data of the phone.
2. Now turn off the smartphone and connect to charging.
3. Press and hold the Power and Volume down buttons.
4. Then release and again hold the Power button. Remember you are holding the Volume down button.
5. Press the Volume down button a few times to highlight ‘Delete all user data and reset all settings’.
6. Click on the Ok button to confirm.
7. Press the Power button to factory reset.
So, this was the full troubleshooting guide to Fix Google Pixel 5/ 5XL GPS Issue With Accuracy Calibration Problems. GPS issues are mostly software related which can occur due to inaccurate settings. These methods can effectively fix the issue. If you still face difficulty in using the feature, then contact the brand’s service center. I hope you liked this article and it helped you to fix the GPS issue. Don’t forget to share this post with your friends who are facing the same issue with the Pixel phone.