Easy Contents Jumps
Fix Google Pixel 5/ 5XL Battery Draining Issue (Problem Solved)
In Short By Gadget Features To Fix Google Pixel 5/ 5XL Battery Draining Issue (Problem Solved)
Fix Google Pixel 5/ 5XL Battery Draining Issue. The battery issue is common in all Android devices. It is difficult to point a particular device which is affected by the battery issue. If the device is damaged, then you have to replace the battery by visiting the brand’s service centre. I hope you liked this article and it helped you to fix the battery problems.
User Review( votes)
The smartphone is all about entertainment. It allows us to enjoy all the activities which can bring fun in our simple lives. We can listen to songs, play high-end games, watch HD movies, capture every special moment, stay connected with friends via social media, and much more. However, these activities are possible only if the smartphone has a long-lasting battery life.
Android is the most affordable smartphone OS. Sadly, it hasn’t retained battery performance. With increasing smartphone features, the smartphone maker is struggling to make bigger capacity batteries. However, are those battery capable enough to handle all these activities? Well, we can say not so profoundly. Battery problems are the most common problems experienced by every Android user.
When an Android version is released by Google, the first device to get updated is Pixel range. We all are aware of the fact that Google phones are the most preferable phones in the market after Apple’s iPhone. Battery capacity is getting huge and phone serving a day is still deemed extraordinary. During the lifetime of a device, the users will surely experience battery draining faster or damaged.
In most of the cases, the users think that the battery issue is due to the hardware flaw. However, the software can also affect battery performance. In most cases, lower battery performance occurs due to inappropriate usage ways. There are many features of the smartphone which leads to battery issues which consist of screen brightness, software bug, applications, customizations, inappropriate settings, hardware failure, and many more.
Identifying the reason for battery draining issue is difficult. So, we have gathered some effective methods which can easily fix the smartphone issue, whatever the reason. In this article, we will discuss the full troubleshooting guide to fix Google Pixel 5/ 5XL Battery Draining Issue. If you have any other queries relating to other smartphones, feel free to contact Gadget Features Forum. Now, let’s begin the methods to fix the battery draining fast problem.
Fix Google Pixel 5/ 5XL Battery Draining Issue (Problem Solved)
Battery draining fast
The first and most common reason for battery draining is apps. Your Android phone is just a calling device if it doesn’t have apps. We all love to explore more and more apps from the Google Play store. Although, some download less while some install lots of apps from Play Store. If you are a fan of high-end games like PUBG, then battery drain is usual.
Playing high-end games and watching HD videos for a full day will reduce battery rapidly which is not an issue. Although, if you don’t use these apps and battery don’t last for an hour, then the device has a severe issue. Follow these steps to run the device in safe mode. If the device runs like usual in safe mode, then you need to uninstall the power-consuming apps.
1. Wake up the screen and press and hold the Power key.
2. Press and hold Power off which appears on the screen.
3. You will notice an option which will ask you to enable Safe Mode.
4. Click on Ok to confirm.
5. You will see the safe mode appears at the bottom of the screen
6. Check the phone while it’s on safe mode for at two days.
7. If the phone works good in safe mode, then delete the app which you think is the cause of battery issue.
8. After uninstalling an app, restart the device.
Android system battery drain
Android is the best OS as it provides lots of customisation options. It’s fabulous that there’s an application for almost every activity, but some aren’t individually good for your device battery life. These apps rapidly drain the battery of the Android system. Fortunately, the smartphone setting has an option to view the app which consumes more battery power. You can detect the app and uninstall to enjoy other activities like before.
Battery consumption apps:
1. Navigate to the Settings section of the device.
2. Tap on the Battery option.
3. Tap on the battery icon and you can notice the apps and their battery consumption.
4. Check the apps which you are consuming more battery and remove it permanently from your phone. You can also force stop those apps which will help it to start from new.
5. To force stop an app, visit the Settings.
6. Tap on the applications.
7. Tap on the app which you want to force stop or uninstall.
8. Select Force stop or uninstall if you want to remove it from the device.
Battery drain after update
The smartphone users have noticed battery draining fast after update. However, updates are beneficial as it comes with bug fixes. These updates are usually generated for the Pixel users which enhances the overall performance of the device. If you find that battery issue started after updating the OS, then downgrade it.
Update software version:
1. Navigate to the Settings section of the phone.
2. Now, tap on the About Phone option.
3. Tap on the Check for updates option.
4. If you find a new update then install it.
5. You need a good internet connection for installing the updates.
6. After updating, reboot the device by long-pressing the power key and tap on the reboot option.
Downgrade the OS version:
1. Download ADB & Fastboot on your PC.
2. Enable OEM Unlocking.
3. Turn off the smartphone.
4. Press and hold volume down and power buttons to enable Android’s bootloader menu.
5. On Windows, locate C:\Program Files (x86)\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools.
6. Hold down the shift key, right-click on the screen on the platform-tools folder.
7. Select “Open command window here” option.
8. Unlock the Bootloader.
9. Press the enter button.
10. Download and flash the factory images.
Battery drain overnight
This method won’t fix the battery issue. Although, if you want to save battery, then this will work effectively. Every phone has battery saver mode which automatically turns on when the battery is low. You can also enable this option when the device is not in use. This option might disable some features like GPS so, use it accordingly.
Battery Saver mode:
1. Change its settings on a smartphone.
2. Click on the Battery screen option in the Settings.
3. On the Battery screen, tap the menu button.
4. Tap “Battery saver.”
5. To manually allow Battery Saver mode, visit the Battery Saver screen.
6. Toggle the option in Battery Saver mode.
7. To turn off Battery Saver mode, pull down your notification shade and tap “Turn Off Battery Saver”.
Battery drain fix
There are many features in the device which works automatically. One of those features is the auto-brightness mode. It adapts the brightness of the device according to the surrounding light. You can turn it off to save battery. Clearing cache can also solve the battery draining problem. Cache captures additional space of the device memory which results in the faster battery draining.
1. Navigate to the home screen of the phone.
2. Visit the settings of the phone.
3. Tap on the Display option.
4. Select the Brightness option from the list in settings.
5. Toggle off the Auto option.
6. You can set the brightness by sliding the slider
Wipe cache partition:
1. Press and hold the power button to turn off the smartphone.
2. Press and hold the Volume Up along with Power keys until you Android or company’s logo appears on the screen.
3. Release both the buttons.
4. In recovery mode, you will see several options, you have to select ‘Wipe cache partition’ using the power key.
5. You can navigate from the recovery mode by restarting the device.
The last method which you can follow is the factory reset. This method will clear all the data of the device so, don’t forget to back up. The following steps will help you to reset in recovery mode or via phone settings.
Reset via settings:
1. Navigate to the Home screen and Settings section.
2. Click on the ‘General’ tab.
3. Tap Restart & reset.
4. Select Factory data reset.Q
5. Verify your passcode if asked.
6. Click on Reset phone > Delete all > Reset.
Via Recovery mode:
1. Make sure that you have kept the backup of all data of the phone.
2. Now turn off the smartphone and connect to charging.
3. Press and hold the Power and Volume down buttons.
4. Then release and again hold the Power button. Remember you are holding the Volume down button.
5. Press the Volume down button a few times to highlight ‘Delete all user data and reset all settings’.
6. Click on the Ok button to confirm.
7. Press the Power button to factory reset.
So, these were the methods to Fix Google Pixel 5/ 5XL Battery Draining Issue. The battery issue is common in all Android devices. It is difficult to point a particular device which is affected by the battery issue. If the device is damaged, then you have to replace the battery by visiting the brand’s service centre. I hope you liked this article and it helped you to fix the battery problems. Don’t forget to share this post with your friends and relatives who are facing the same issue with Pixel device.