Fixing LG W10 Battery charging issue is a common problem experienced by every user in the lifetime of the device. Most of the Android users don’t notice the issue until the battery drains automatically without being used the whole day. Imagine a situation, when the battery is fully charged and after returning from a long tiring day, the battery is fully exhausted. You cannot use the device without plugging it for charging. If this is the situation, then the device has a severe battery issue.
These situations are battery draining problems, but there are some issues which prevent the smartphone from charging. If your smartphone is not charging at all or charging slowly, then the device might have a hardware or software related problem. Fixing the hardware issue can be tricky and you must not handle the device if you don’t know in this field especially when you are dealing with a phone like LG W10.
However, a software glitch can be solved easily via some methods. Battery not charging properly might have occurred due to your phone activities. Android is the best operating system which has a huge fan following, but it has some software problem which might annoy its users. This doesn’t mean that you shouldn’t use an Android phone as it has many amazing features and highly customizable.
Android is the best OS for multi-tasking hence, battery issues are normal. If you have a habit of using the phone while charging, then this can result in the device not charging problem. A smartphone not charging issue does not indicate that the battery is damaged or that the charger has some issue. Although, there might be possibilities of damage. In this article, we will discuss the issues to Fix LG W10 Battery Charging Issue And Switching on. If you have any queries, contact Gadget Features Forum.
Fix LG W10 Battery Charging Issue And Switching On
Charging port loose
At first, check, if the device has any physical damage. Maybe the wall socket has a problem. You can plug in the different wall socket and check if the device is getting power. Most of the smartphone these days comes with a separate adapter and USB wire for charging so, it is probable that a unit has the fault. For checking the USB cable, you can connect the device to a PC or laptop and monitor if it’s getting charged properly. You can also check the charging port. Clear the dirt clogged in the port.
LG phone won’t turn on or charge
Fix LG W10 Battery Charging Issue And Switching on
If the charging port is damaged or loose, then you can visit the service centre and get it repaired at a cost. After checking physical damage, update the device. Charging problems can also occur due to software bug which can be fixed by updating the smartphone software firmware. You can also downgrade the device software if the new version didn’t fix the problem. Although, most of you prefer updating the software as it comes with bug fixes.
1. Go to the Settings of the device.
2. Tap on the System option.
3. Click on Advanced option.
4. Choose the System update.
5. Then click on Check for an update.
6. If updates are available, then download it.
7. Make sure that you have a good internet connection and memory space to download the update.
1. Download ADB & Fastboot on your PC.
2. Enable OEM Unlocking.
3. Turn off the smartphone.
4. Press and hold volume down and power buttons to enable Android’s bootloader menu.
5. On Windows, locate C:\Program Files (x86)\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools.
6. Hold down the shift key, right-click on the screen on the platform-tools folder.
7. Select “Open command window here” option.
8. Unlock the Bootloader.
9. Press the enter button.
10. Download and flash the factory images.
Fix LG W10 Battery Charging Issue And Switching onCharging issues are caused by the regular usage of the device. The users are advised not to use the phone while it is charging as it lowers the performance of the device with time. Follow these steps to check if the charging socket is working and fix the issue.
1. Connecting to a PC and unplug the cable from the power charger.
2. Connect your Android device to your PC’s USB port with the cable provided.
3. After that, wait for 10–15 minutes.
4. Disconnect and reconnect the cable within 10 seconds.
5. Then charge the phone for at least 30 minutes.
6. Now press and hold the power button for a few seconds.
7. Click on the Restart option or press and hold the power button to restart the smartphone.
Smartphone not charging
The cached data handled by your linked Android apps can efficiently capture extra gigabyte of the device memory space. These useless data are simply junked files, and they can be securely destroyed to free up device space. If you have not cleared the cache after buying the phone, then wipe cache partition can help. You can wipe cache partition in recovery mode to clean up system cache using these steps.
Wipe Cache Partition:
1. Press and hold the power button to turn off the smartphone.
2. Press and hold the Volume Up along with Power keys until you Android or company’s logo appears on the screen.
3. Release both the buttons. You have now entered into the recovery mode. If you find that you cannot enter the recovery mode and the options didn’t appear, then you have to connect your phone to the PC via USB Cable. You can also simply connect to the charger as well.
4. In recovery mode, you will see several options, you have to select ‘Wipe cache partition’ using the Power key.
5. You can navigate from the recovery mode by restarting the device as you do usually.
LG W10 not charging or turning on
The application can also help you to check if the battery of the device is charging normally. Google play store has a free app known as Ampere which is known to efficiently handle the battery tasks. Simply visit the play store and download the app. Follow these steps to use this app. Although, it comes with simple UI which won’t trouble you while using the app.
1. Go to the Google Play Store.
2. Look for the Ampere application in the search bar and click on install button.
3. After installing, open the application.
4. If you find the apps showing green colour, then the phone is charging.
5. If the screen turns in orange minus number, then the smartphone is not taking the power.
Smartphone won’t charge
Sometimes, apps also become the reason for the battery not charging problem. Safe mode won’t fix the problem, but it will let you know whether a third-party app is the culprit of the battery issue. You have to run the device in safe mode in this method which temporarily turns off some connectivity features and third-party apps.
1. Hold the Power Key to turn off the device.
2. Now press and hold the Volume Down with Power keys.
3. Leave the Power Key when the Android logo appears on the screen.
4. Press and hold the Power key again along with Volume Down key which you are already holding.
5. The phone will start in recovery mode, then release both the keys.
6. You will notice an option which will ask you to enable Safe Mode.
7. Click on Ok to confirm.
8. You will see the safe mode appears at the bottom of the screen
Smartphone vibrates but won’t turn on
In the last method, you have to factory reset the smartphone data. This will remove all the malicious files and data which you have stored in the device. Factory reset in recovery mode might solve the battery problems the users are facing.
1. Remember to backup all data of the phone.
2. Turn off the smartphone and connect to charging.
3. Press and hold the Power and Volume down buttons.
4. Release and again hold the Power button. Make sure you are holding the Volume down button.
5. Press the Volume down button a few times to highlight ‘Delete all user data and reset all settings’.
6. To confirm tap on Yes.
7. Press the Power button to factory reset.
So, this was the full troubleshooting guide to Fix LG W10 Battery Charging Issue And Switching on. If you cannot detect and solve the issue, then immediately contact the brand’s service centre. Battery charging issue can be fixed using these affecting methods, only if the issue is software related. I hope you liked this article and it helped you to fix the smartphone problem. Don’t forget to share this post with your friends and relatives who are facing the same issue with their LG phone.